• Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,929

squall30

ISP
BSNL
Friends, kindly have a glance at the following 2 images ! :ishock:

http://img38.imageshack.us/i/img006sd.jpg/

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3984/img007ul.jpg

Kindly use the Zoom tool to see the texts which are not visible.

BSNL has announced that they shall be following CDR system of billing starting 14.12.2010. I just received my bill for the month of December and I AM SHOCKED TO SEE THEY HAVE CHARGED AROUND 50 PAISE FOR EACH MB OF DATA I HAVE DOWNLOADED !!!!!

I own a 500 C plan hence i download lots of stuff from 2 AM - 8 AM. But i was terrified to see they have even charged all the data i have downloaded from 2 AM - 8 AM. the 1.5 GB limit too doesnt exist anymore. They'll charge around 80 paise per MB ( and give some discount which total 50p / MB ) :madness:

This does mean the people who have downloaded around 10 GB of data ( including Night unlimited ) will get bills of around Rs 5000 !!!!!!!!!!!

just what the hell is this ?? BSNL authorities didnt even notify there customers they shall be doing so !
:madness::madness::madness:

I'd love to hear all of your comments. And if BSNL doesnt do something real quick about this ... I QUIT !! I am gonan switch to Airtel ! :madness:

whatever happens. SWITCH TO AIRTEL. and switch to unlimited plans.

ok this is really making me nervous :Dthis time instead of getting frustrated and running around bsnl offices, i am seriously thinking of sicking a lawyer on these retards, if it happens to me...a couple of years ago i got a large bill of an obvious billing / recording error which took ONE FULL YEAR of monthly run-arounds/visits to their offices to get refunded/cancelled.

we do have a couple of lawyers on the forum. :D the guy who framed the FUP letter is based in Delhi though.

You are entitled to free usage between 2am and 8am. If you got charged for the data that was downloaded during that time, then i would suggest you to contact the NIB and confirm your plan.They screw up the plan policy sometimes and right now, you might be in some other plan (according to BSNL billing servers). I think this situation has got nothing to do with CDR based billing system of BSNL.

Well, my online portal does show 8 mbps combo plan 2799 (but does not mention 50gb download quota on portal just in plan details webpage) and all my downloads are showing as "chargeable" - don' t know what that means... nothing is getting excluded even though I am entirely within the quota limits... which is why I'm nervous already :D

UPDATE:Just now got my bill, charges are fine, no problems, at least for last month where I got the new connection for the last week of the month. :D :dance:

I had the same issue on October 14th, 2009 (Thrissur SSA) where they charged me about 2.5 GB that I had downloaded/uploaded during the unlimited usage time (2am to 8 am).I phoned them the other day and they confirmed that there was a server issue at that time; also I complained in writing after I noticed that despite my complaint the service records had not been rectified even after a few days.I finally had to complain again after I received the bill the end of November and I met the account officer in person. I had to meet her again a second time and then only my bill was rectified.Fortunately I could proof my complaint, because I used to take care that I always produce a separate service record for the time between 2 am and 8 am.Now they have changed the system of tracing the service records. While previously a service record was available a few minutes after I switched the router off and on again, with the new system a service record is available only after one day !As the consumer courts are practically not functioning and as they seem to avoid any decision unfavourable to bsnl (I can prove it!), bsnl has the freedom to do what they want, as regarding the infrastructure they have a predominant advantage over any other player in the field.As long as the government is not committed to protect the interests of the consumers more efficiently, we can at least weep together on this site !

Interesting and worried. Im still waiting for my bsnl bill of the month of janurary to arrive which they said will be according to the new CDR system.

Back