BSNL Broadband very Slow in Pune (Bibwewadi)

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,473

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi , has anybody noticed slow surfing speeds and problems like some sites not opening for eg rediffmail.com . I have tried the MTU solution posted as a sticky , but that did not help .The Net was down some 2 days back , something at the BSNL end probably .The problems started after this .

Yes same here, sites are opening very slow for past 2 days, at first i thought it was some problem at my end but some of my friends also facing same prob, slow surfing of net :whistle:

Hi ,I have also been facing this problem for the past one week, I have reset the router , but the download speed does not go beyond 30kbps, and also surfing is considerably slower, earlier the download speed used to be around 200kbps, I called bsnl guys,they are not aware of any problem at the server end, any one of you can try calling them again, will get back if I have any updates/resolutions.

Hi ,
I have also been facing this problem for the past one week, I have reset the router , but the download speed does not go beyond 30kbps, and also surfing is considerably slower, earlier the download speed used to be around 200kbps, I called bsnl guys,they are not aware of any problem at the server end, any one of you can try calling them again, will get back if I have any updates/resolutions.
Call 25459000. Also, call your exchange and get your line checked. There may be disturbance in the line which may be causing speed problems. Is your modem's link stable?

Yea man, the link is stable, there is no disturbance in the phone line either, does not feel like an issue at my end, anyways thanks for that number.

From today morning itself, me too facing slow speed prob. I will get only 30kBps, but my speed is 256kBps :(

I called that number about 30 times, no one answers, I checked the speed at about 2AM last night, the download speed was about 60kbps, still slow, but I guess there is very high traffic these days, and I called one of my friends who uses the unlimited plan. Earlier thier speed used to be 256kbps, but they increased their bandwidth to 512kbps about a week ago, round about the same time when this speed problem started for me, I think bsnl guys did not make any calculations before increasing the bandwidth for the unlimited plan. I dont see any other reason, I have reset the router, the line is clear, not too many people are using bsnl broadband in the locality I live in, so cant confirm if its a generalized issue, but I am reasonably convinced that this has to do with the increase in bandwidth for the unlimited plan.

I will visit my exchange next week when I get time, if any of you have updates, please let me know. Many thanks for your inputs so far.

Back