BSNL Broadband - Very Unstable Link..

• Thread starter Thread starter iChaitanya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,680
ISP
airtel & RCOM
Guys, i am using BSNL Broadband (the UL900 Plus plan) since 4 days. I am facing a serious problem. The Link is dropping every 10 minutes. Again it comes back after 10 seconds and this process continues infinitely. Also, due to the unstable link, the connection gets disconnected every 15 minutes. I am using the Huawei SmartAX MT882 (Type I) modem from BSNL. The modem and splitter are just fine as i have checked them at my friend's place.

I have completely changed the internal wiring of my house 2 times and my telephone line (from the exchange to my house) has been changed 4 times. BSNL people have given up. They have no idea as to why the link is dropping every 10 minutes.

Here is a screenshot of the current modem summary:

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mt882qk4.jpg

Are the values in the above screenshot correct?

Btw, i am getting speeds like this all the time.

https://www.speedtest.net

Please do let me know if you guys need any more details. Has anyone of you ever faced such a problem? Plz help me. :(

i had the same problem. i told the local exchange person, he came and fixed it. he told me that it was due to moisture in my telephone cable.

you need to ask the BSNL people to reduce your link rate to something below 7000kbps as it will help you lower attenuation on line.
Also its important to have lower link speeds for you as the platform you are under is interleaved. Ask to be switched to fast profile if feasible. Also if Plan used is 2mbps, better to have link set at no more than 2.5mbps.:)
PS - Fast type is gamer friendly with faster data rate.

Try these settings under Advanced/Adsl settings.

ADSL Settings ADSL Configuration allows user to configure ADSL setting.
Name Value ADSL Modulation Multimode
EC/FDM Mode FDM
BitSwap Enable

Still the Attenuation is high. All phones after Splitter or use another splitter in Phone line.

OK, thanks for your replies..It seems that the problem is with the link speed. The higher the link speed, the higher the attenuation. Correct?I am currently using the UL900 plan which has a speed of 256Kbps. So what should be the ideal link speed for this plan? Plz let me know as i need to tell the same to the bsnl people to make the necessary changes.Thanks again!

i am also getting same problem but not frequently. it is coming all of sudden when i am surfing seriously :@

Back