BSNL Broadband Wifi Router help.

dave_boon3003

ISP
Broadband
I have BSNL BROADBAND DSL WIFI ROUTER in my office, there are at least 10 computers are connected via LAN to it and it is in open mode so each computer can use the internet. Is the re any way to block the access of the internet to specific computers so to limit the usages.Regards.Dave

I have BSNL BROADBAND DSL WIFI ROUTER in my office, there are at least 10 computers are connected via LAN to it and it is in open mode so each computer can use the internet. Is the re any way to block the access of the internet to specific computers so to limit the usages.
Regards.
Dave

If all systems accessing Internet in WIFI mode add the MAC address in white list of the systems which are allowed to access Internet.
See sticky thread wa 3002_g4 quick reference for links and screen shots.
If not same model confirm modem/router model/make/number.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply, my bsnl dsl router model no is DNA-A211-I. Moreover please provide my more detail information about the settings.Thank you.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply, my bsnl dsl router model no is DNA-A211-I. Moreover please provide my more detail information about the settings.
Thank you.

Please check my "Sticky" Post wa 3002_g4 quick reference guide.
Your wifi router is similar .
Ensure you select "Always On" PPPoE mode in the wan page.
( BSNL USERID/PW stored in the WAN page )
Enable DHCP in ( LAN page ), If you give a range of say 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.6
Only five systems will connect to Internet.( at a time )
Enter in TCP/IP properties page the address say 192.168.1.2. to 192.168.1.6 for 5 lapops.

About white list . confirm menu option available in DNA A 212 -1 ( i have not checked it up )

IN each computer
Start RUn Type cmd Ok
new window
type Ipconfig /all
You will get the MAC ( Machine Access Code )address of the ethernet card or wierless lan card.

More on feedback.

Hi guys, I have a problem, which the BSNL guys have, typically, been unable to solve. I have a BSNL connection with a Type 2 modem(ZTE 531B). This is connected to my Desktop and the net connection is fine. Now I wanted to enable the enable the wireless so that I could use net in my laptops also, inside my home. On asking about this they asked me to change a few settings(Enable wireless, give and said and all that). Even though my laptop was able to recognize the connection it was unable to connect to it citing low security as the reason. I changed the security to WPA-PSK, from shared which is what the BSNL guys said. The laptop then gets connected to the network but shows not internet access. Even the 198.162.1.1 site opens in the wireless network, but the network connection shows no internet access and the web pages don't load.Any suggestion would be appreciated as, I have a feeling i'm just a step away from getting this right and am getting really frustrated!!!

Hi guys,
I have a problem, which the BSNL guys have, typically, been unable to solve.
I have a BSNL connection with a Type 2 modem(ZTE 531B).....

Read my previous post. same model like wa3002_g4 etc.

To do1. Configure your modem in PPPoE mode (ID and password stored in modem).2. Enable DHCP in your modem.3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection (all machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

Read my previous post. same model like wa3002_g4 etc.

wow!!
Thanks essbebe...you're a life saver.....that guide was awesome.....

Initially i had just checked the settings...but din't remove everything as was said in the initial steps.....
But now I followed it to the dot and Voila!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Back