BSNL cuts broadband fee by up to 75%

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 17,232
my brother in singapore just bought a internet connection.
6mbps pure unlimited for 36s$ = 1200Rs approx

i think we are cursed
Singapore has no state, city or any area. Only one name Singapore like one man show. singapore has area of 693 sq km which is the smallest country of asia even though its less sized area, it is developed like dream land and land of opportunity. It is populated 36% by foreigners due to its growth. It has high speed internet, developed real estate markets, good educations, latest technology, and also good tourist place in the asia.

Singapore is growing rapidly which makes us shamed.
So, do not compare us with them. There is a big difference.
Here is an example:
Indian one of zoo is listed under this category (The World's Top 10 Worst Zoo's | Curious? Read) on the 3rd number.
Whereas
singapore zoo is listed under largest zoo in asia category. (Singapore Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I have visited singapore. That is why I realized a difference. Ask your brother will give you better idea about growth.

Singapore has its own set of problems:Would you want to be in a place where you could be fined $200 for just crossing the road at the wrong place, or having bubble gum in public..?

Singapore has its own set of problems:
Would you want to be in a place where you could be fined $200 for just crossing the road at the wrong place, or having bubble gum in public..?

But people need that to be in disciplined manner.
I know some disadvantage of singapore because of strict laws which take freedom from common man. Even though indians do not stop going there. That is the true.

Here is a bubble gum story if you want to know. Why did they ban chewing gum? It is very interesting story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum_ban_in_Singapore
They do not restrict chewing it in public but they ban permanently from selling and smuggling
After reading it, please give me opinion. Did they do right to restrict some nuisance from society?/

But people need that to be in disciplined manner.
I know some disadvantage of singapore because of strict laws which take freedom from common man. Even though indians do not stop going there. That is the true.

If you go as a tourist, you just enjoy the good parts, and come back home to comfortable India.

My personal views on different countries, esp. wrt their internet policies:
UAE: decent net connections, yet censored. Life seems to be censored there
US/UK: High speed net connections, piracy may bankrupt you
India: low speed net connections, noone cares what you do. If you have the money, you can create your own bubble to live in, and still save more that you would if you were in UAE/US/UK
Ofcourse, the fact that SC/ST/OBC/Women/Senior citizens get everything without any effort is irritating, but if you eliminate that, and corruption then India would be the ideal place for many people, in comparison to the western world.

If you go as a tourist, you just enjoy the good parts, and come back home to comfortable India.

My personal views on different countries, esp. wrt their internet policies:
UAE: decent net connections, yet censored. Life seems to be censored there
US/UK: High speed net connections, piracy may bankrupt you
India: low speed net connections, noone cares what you do. If you have the money, you can create your own bubble to live in, and still save more that you would if you were in UAE/US/UK
Ofcourse, the fact that SC/ST/OBC/Women/Senior citizens get everything without any effort is irritationg, but if you eliminate that, and corruption then India would be the ideal place for many people, in comparison to the western world.

We are living with slow speed. That is why we are not listed in high usage countries. Just think if we have strict law and regulation in internet, we may be aware about internet technology. We do not have numbers of web hosting companies. We do not have experienced and educated IT professional at here(india). That is another thing, indian are rapidly ahead in IT field in other countries. Often, our government websites and private servers are hacked by other countries hacker like cyber wars.

This middle east countries are the worst countries around the globe. Everything is censored, no respect for human rights/women, no tolerance towards other religions....only and economy made up of oil.U can't even vote out there,no democracy only a blunt monarchy.....

We are living with slow speed. That is why we are not listed in high usage countries. Just think if we have strict law and regulation in internet, we may be aware about internet technology. We do not have numbers of web hosting companies. We do not have experienced and educated IT professional at here(india). That is another thing, indian are rapidly ahead in IT field in other countries. Often, our government websites and private servers are hacked by other countries hacker like cyber wars.
And, with the strict law and regulation, you would have censoring as well. for a few years they banned AXN, TV shows on Star World and Movies on TV's are censored anyways. Same applies for movies in theaters.
Fortunately they have not yet succeded in censoring the net.
And, you are wrong,the IT minds are in India. They just dont want to work with the govt. rather they will work with pvt. companies as they do not agree with govt. policies

This middle east countries are the worst countries around the globe. Everything is censored, no respect for human rights/women, no tolerance towards other religions....
only and economy made up of oil.
U can't even vote out there,no democracy only a blunt monarchy.....
I agree with you. All countries are not special except United Emirates. Nothing is special about them except their tradition values.

Back