Bsnl egprs not working in central kolkata.

• Thread starter Thread starter deba007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,171

deba007

ISP
Reliance Broadband - Thunder 4 Mbps Plan.
Dear All,Activated the EGPRS Connection on my BSNL Post Paid Mobile Connection but EGPRS is not working. The connection gets established for some time when I can browse the net but getting disconnected very soon.The normal mobile signal strength is also dropping momentarily.I am using the Nokia 5800. I stay in Central Kolkata (PIn: 700 012)I have tried the same BSNL SIM in other phones but the signal strenth is not dropping. When I am inserting a Airtel SIM in my Nokia 5800 it is working right.(So my Handset is not faulty)Very confused - Where is the problem ??Handset & SIM both are OK. But the particular SIM does not work with the Nokia 5800. :huh:Contacted BSNL Customer Care but they said they are helpless as usual.:mad:Kindly help and suggest.

Its working now. :wewin:Turn off the 3G receiver if you have a 3g handset, because the 3g signal will interfere with the 2g signal and the mobile will work abnormally. I turned my 3g receiver in the Nokia 5800 and the 2g gprs and voice calls are again working.Went to the BSNL office but the CC people never knew of this.:hysterical:

Back