BSNL EVDO Broadband: EVDO services in MP....????

• Thread starter Thread starter puneet_84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 9,649
Status
Not open for further replies.

puneet_84

ISP
airtel
hey guys i want to know is the EVDO services of bsnl is available in MP and in which cites...i am interested in Indore Dewas Ujjain cities for the services and i have regular visits to these cities please help me........thanks in advance

Dear Friend,EVDO services are available in Bhopal, but no at no other cities of M.P., as of now. I am using BSNL's EVDO USB modem since June'08. It is called CDMA 2000 1X EVDO. It giving me a download data transfer rate of 60 to 80 kilo BYTES per second! I'm given to understand that BSNL would it available at Indore very soon, but I do not know about other cities. Roaming is not available either within state or country. It would take further six months or so. Its plan charge is Rs.500 per month and if you take modem on rent then it would be Rs.250 more. I'm paying Rs.843/- per month (tax inclusive) for unlimited access. I'm highly satisfied with its performance. Do not opt for data-card, go for USB modem only.

Dear Friend,
EVDO services are available in Bhopal, but no at no other cities of M.P., as of now. I am using BSNL's EVDO USB modem since June'08. It is called CDMA 2000 1X EVDO. It giving me a download data transfer rate of 60 to 80 kilo BYTES per second! I'm given to understand that BSNL would it available at Indore very soon, but I do not know about other cities. Roaming is not available either within state or country. It would take further six months or so. Its plan charge is Rs.500 per month and if you take modem on rent then it would be Rs.250 more. I'm paying Rs.843/- per month (tax inclusive) for unlimited access. I'm highly satisfied with its performance. Do not opt for data-card, go for USB modem only.

thanks pradeep for the info...it has been very helpful..
i would like to know more about the USb modem...that what is the price if i want to buy it.
secondly, u said 6months or so...is this the time for roaming facility or of the launch of EVDO in whole of MP...
i visited the BSNL office also and they also told me that it would take some time for the launch here in ujjain but did not specified it...

again thanks for the info...have a nice day

Hi,BSNL initially charged Rs.6500/- for EVDO USB Modem, but almost immediately reduced the price to Rs.3500/-. So you may buy it for Rs.3500/-. I don't foresee any further significant reduction in prices. So in case you opt to buy the modem, then you will be paying only Rs.500/- per month as plan charges plus taxes! EVDO in Indore would be operational, keep your fingers crossed, by Feb or Mar'09! But BSNL doesn't seem to have any plans for Ujjain, as of now. All the best.

BSNL EVDO is recently launched in indore the paln is 250 rs with unlimited downloading rate of usb modem is 2800 but u can also take it on rent at 150 etc. per month speed is 144 kbps

BSNL EVDO is recently launched in indore
the paln is 250 rs with unlimited downloading rate of usb modem is 2800 but u can also take it on rent at 150 etc. per month speed is 144 kbps

thanks imran for the info...

but i think that EVDO supports 2.4Mbps and usually they provide with a speed of around 60-80 KBps which u can see in the above posts....
and u r saying that they r giving just 144Kbps that makes just 18KBps speed...
so i would like to confirm the speed again.

Can there any plan which has 144Kbps speed and Unlimited connection
dear JDJAIN
i would like to bring to ur notice that the mr joshi said a speed of 60-80 KBps and u r asking for 144Kbps which is equal to 18KBps...
the small 'b' and the capital 'b' has a multipicative factor of 8

so what he is saying that u r already getting far better speed than what u r asking(144Kbps)

Kbps---Kilo BIT per second
KBps-- kilo BYTE per second

1 BYTE=8BITS

hope u got this concept right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back