BSNL EVDO Broadband: EVDO USB Card - Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter onewhoknows
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 23,763
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok friends its still not clear ... pls help ... does all these mean

if u have this wifi router in which we can plug in EVDO usb modem from bsnl ..we can get the internet signal on a wifi phone with out a laptop or pc ??

forgive if this is so stupid question. :) else pls give more info. thnx in adv.

yes it can be done 100%

you can allways connect any source havin net to router or modem and use it man

i will also try it, but my evdo dont giv me much speed, there is upgradation in my area

so i am usin bsnl dataone for now

u can surely go ahead with that modem , u can get the speed on wifi too

The top quote is the question under consideration. The bottom answer which I have quoted, in my experience, is wrong. Plz correct me if someone finds me wrong. But yes, any net source including a EVDO USB modem can be connected to a laptop/desktop and the internet connection can be shared with other PCs. But you cannot connect a USB EVDO modem or a USB WiFi adapter directly to a adsl modem/router and make it work.

There are now routers availabe in India that allow you to share your 3G or EVDO modem. You will be able to connect any wifi device to it and surf the net. I have my Nokia E71, My Sony PSP, my laptop and VOIP adapter connected and it all works a treat.A company out of Mumbai sells them called EK Wireless. I got one, a Hame HM433R portable unit (USB Powered) and it rocks. Paid Rs 5499 for it. Certainly worth the money because its saved us a few times when the cable internet has gone down.

The EVDO is a itself a portable device that is provided by other companies likeReliance, Tata, Idea..eic.EVDO is provided by BSNL. There are very few cities in india where EVDO network covers. EVDO speed (appr. 8 MBPS).But where the EVDO network is not available the EVDO work but at a less speed.Its charges plan is difficult to understand.:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back