BSNL EVDO Broadband: EVDO-18MBPS download and 4mbps upload!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter absn93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 32,948
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's available in Kota. I was planning to get it. The speed you get will be dependent on the distance from the EVDO tower. There is only 1 in Kota, located near Rampura, I think (not sure, but it's in that general area).

and what about its coverage ? do you know about the approximate radius ? 4kms 3 kms ? I live in indra vihar.. around 5 km. away from rampura

I don't think it's really possible to tell you the quality of connection you will get, even based on your approximate location. There are more factors than mere distance that influence the strength of the signal. If there are multiple building in the line of sight between your home and the tower (multistory complexes etc.), of even if there is something in the way that puts out too much smoke or dust can degrade the signal. Some materials can degrade the EM signal more than other, as does rain etc.If possible, find someone who has the connection and test it at your location. Otherwise, get the connection for a month, taking the modem on rent rather than buying it. If you aren't satisfied with it, return it.

thanks ... there are not any such tall building ...2 or 3 floored general buildings... i'll see if EVDO works there or not... though i dont hope it will

I have got the 2.4mbps modem... can i change it to 3.1mbps if i ask on bsnl center?
cant say abt that they might or they might also ask u shell out money for that.

i asked bsnl about disonnection problem, they said it is virus problem :@

nah not a virus prob (though that can happen) thats just what those numbskull at the cc tell everyone. in fact when i had 1st got the connection i had called them up about ubuntu compatibility the lady on the other end said me the same thing . lol when i said i dont have a prob but was just inquiring and does she know what ubuntu is she hung up ....:/

my evdo signal is 5bars from 1.5years.. it never goes down.. and evdo mode is enabled..
could be a tower related prob !! or the hardware itself has gone faulty. also check if they are deducting Rs 350 every month or 750. does the connection status show connected at 3.1 or 2.4mbps or it shows 153kbps ?

u also mentioned frequent disconnections. did u try diff locations around the house to check if there are any interference.

^Thanks. I will try to take a replacement for the modem. Here's a wide description about my problem:=> I connect to Internet in EVDO mode, and start downloading some files(they usually download at 1100-1500kbps).. then after 40-60mins the internet goes down (down rate on bsnl's softwares = 0kbps), no page opens at this time. After 20mins the connection is back but the speed reduced to CDMA1x (153kbps max). I have to disconnect and reconnect(using bsnl's software) to get back the speed, sometimes it works sometimes the speed remains same even after reconnecting. I tried to explain the guy at BSNL about this. but they just said it is a virus problem.. :/I don't know what to do.. the bill for the internet came ~ Rs 750/- And yes I have tried different places at my house using a friend's laptop. I get the same results whatsoever. Really annoying, I have exams going on so I can't really be bothered coming every hour to reconnect :/ Is there a software to auto-reconnect?

This is a server problem...I was also facing the same problem in Bihar and it went away on its own...

if it disconnects hourly then its ok coz EVDO does that. I dont use the connection manager as it doesnt reconnects correctly. i use win 7 inbuilt dialer

This is a server problem...I was also facing the same problem in Bihar and it went away on its own...

Its happening from 3 weeks+ now.. :/

if it disconnects hourly then its ok coz EVDO does that. I dont use the connection manager as it doesnt reconnects correctly. i use win 7 inbuilt dialer

I don't think so.. Before this problem occurred I remembered it was on for 189hours without any disconnection. Guess I have to go BSNL center to complain again, last time they said the virus shit :|

for me it disconnects hourly i had enquired abt that with the nearest exchange and they said that they have implemented that protocol. PPl i know who use EVDO also have similar disconnecions every hour. Maybe then its probably diff for ppl who took connections in the last year n ppl who subscribed earlier are not on that protocol ?? thats as much as i can guess coz as with BSNL they dont understand the concept of logic :/

hello guys!! getting straight to the topic.. Should i go for EVDO (BSNL) or reliance netconnect+ ... I mean if the EVDO provides speed above 100kbps then im good with that. or else i ll go for reliance netconnect+ ... if any other issues are also related please tell me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back