BSNL Fiber Broadband new plans starting from 1 April 2024

@supukabi I guess it's because of different types of LCO, TIP (telecom infrastructure provider) and non-TIP. TIP does configuration of ONT and has access to FMS (franchise management system) for things like resetting PPPoE MAC address for example.

Last edited:
Well my LCO is a TIP with OLT at his home yet he has no idea how Internet works.
The only time I call him is when LOS blinks red.
For everything else, I call JTO or visit his office when I go out for anything as exchange is like 5 mins ride from my home. JTO is helpful so I haven't interacted with the customer care.
My 2 year old complaints on selfcare portal used to get routed to LCO/TIP who is not helpful for anything other than Red LOS so I stopped doing that.

Well the thing is anyone can become a TIP :LOL:. My LCO has people for different jobs, fiber cable pullers don't do ONT configuration. At least you have a helpful JTO.

I feel lucky that I got a helpful person who can resolve my issues.
I've seen people go through hell just to get a speed issue acknowledged and resolution nowhere in sight.
But I can say that my LCO does one good job and that is dealing with the fiber cuts. It rarely happens here like once in a year and he does fix it ASAP. Max I've seen is 2-3 hours when multiple fibers were cut 2 years ago.

The LCO model has this advantage. Previously on ADSL, you had to submit a complaint and hope that the line man gets the work order the next day and arrives soon to fix the broken wire. It was never on the same day, always next or a few days later.

Fortunately there was no wire cuts on ADSL for me. It was all underground and the pole with box they used is still outside my house.
I used to call exchange for the connectivity issues in rainy season and they used to send the lineman the same day mostly.
I still remember the quarterly carbon cleaning by the linemen which used to slowdown/stop my internet 😂

Yeah, the wires were underground but the pole was across the street from my house, so imagine the rest. Things were mostly fine but during water pipe installation work the underground wires were damaged beyond repair in my area. Imagine the nightmare if it had been fiber already and underground.

Quick question, I have a BSNL plan that was called FIBRE_PREMIUM or the HOTSTAR_ADD_ON_PLAN which had a rental of 999 and 200mbps upto 3300gb for UP(E) circle. Over the years the 999 tariff plan has changed but my plan remained the same, i was not downgraded to 150mbps or anything. Will this current plan changes affect me too? the 999 plan is back to 200mbps, but i'm mostly concerned with free OTT stuff. :LOL:
Also, bsnl is my backup, my primary is airtel so both of them give me Hotstar, just that bsnl gives me premium of hotstar

I used to have that plan with just Hotstar. My friend who lives nearby still has that plan and there was no change in his speed or Hotstar premium the last time I asked a few days ago.

Back