• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,745
Couple of issues

1. The deposit should be 599 for fibre basic plus
2. The termination charges doesn't make sense
3. Installation charge is not mentioned, maybe its waived

I'd suggest reaching out to BSNL.
This was a new connection everything was paid before, first bill should contain Security and usage charges but plan was changes after 3 days of getting connection but now they have added termination charges for changing the plan (As I think) but there is nowhere mention of termination charges what it is. Now whom should I contact?
Thanks

500 Installation charges + 599 Security deposit + 599 Recurring charges +107 Tax = 1805. This is usually the first month bill for new Fiber. Probably they didnt explain it particularly well in the bill

@Blackstar How much paid in advance? In case of BSNL, no advance payment is necessary, they even have a note on their site.

No advance amount is required to be paid for subscription or installation charges either in cash or online for Bharat Fibre. BSNL will bill it in its first bill.

Of course, this is only with respect to the BSNL charges. If an LCO is involved, LCO's installation/wiring/ONT charges (not BSNL) have to be paid to the LCO directly.

500 Installation charges + 599 Security deposit + 599 Recurring charges +107 Tax = 1805. This is usually the first month bill for new Fiber. Probably they didnt explain it particularly well in the bill

Yes, but he was billed only for 7 days or so as he got the connection towards the end of the month. The Rs 186 or so that is shown there, and not Rs 599.

BSNLs billing period is always calendar month. This bill doesn't seem right.

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but a possibility. You should have waited for a month to change the plan. Almost all BSNL plans have a minimum hire period of 1 month. You were billed 106.53 for 4 days usage of 799 plan. And since you changed before the minimum hire period, you were billed the remaining monthly amount 692.47. That makes a total of 799.

Back