BSNL frequent disconnections, bad routing on new connection

• Thread starter Thread starter anonyBLR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,970
ISP
Airtel
Hello, I recently moved to a new place in Bangalore and only BSNL fiber is available. I was previously on Airtel and everything was rock solid.

I have the 2399 300Mbps plan and I get frequent disconnections. The fiber signal is good. I get ISP timeout error when disconnect happens.

I also don’t get a public IPv4 IP and It is a CGNAT IP. Sometimes the routing is so bad that certain Indian websites don’t load and even traceroute times out. Routing to Google is good though.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have read somewhere that getting static IP on BSNL can help and certain IP blocks have better routing. What IP blocks have better routing? Also, where can I request for static IP online?
Thanks

Last edited:
So, i have similar issue. This is the output of running under
mtr output

Since the packet loss is happening at this ip-address , if i looked it up, its coming as "AS9829 - National Internet Backbone" in here
So, the packet loss is happening in the public internet infrastructure of bsnl? I tested for www.google.com and there as well i get packet loss.

In my area, there is some technician from BSNL who came yesterday and polished the cable in my home. I doubt he will come again though i dont know how much he could fix this. is there any-place we could reach out and ask for specifics about the packet-loss?

routing_.png

If you're connected through Bangalore , this is how their router's are connected. So try to get your dynamic IP refreshed and traceroute for better ping. I have to get routing through 214->215 routers to get good pings on SEA servers.

@cs10201 getting your fiber patch cord polished won't make routing better (Tell that Technician: kannadiya thiruppuna epdi pa auto move aagum ). If possible try to talk to your circle's BNG operators . In my case If I complain about packet loss and routing they put receiver on the table and go away :cry:.

Back