BSNL FTTH Installation taking more than week

One thing about various service providers in India is that they never fail to track and send you the bill every month. That is one thing that never fails. Their service may go down/shoddy but the bill will be there for you without fail. If the people working in billing department/implementation also worked on the actual service imagine how smooth everything would be :D

FAIL FAIL FAIL

One thing about various service providers in India is that they never fail to track and send you the bill every month. That is one thing that never fails. Their service may go down/shoddy but the bill will be there for you without fail. If the people working in billing department/implementation also worked on the actual service imagine how smooth everything would be :D

FAIL FAIL FAIL

If there has been one provider that consistently gave me good service it was Netplus (Punjab). They provide upto gigabit speed (FTTH), I had taken a plan for 200mbps unlimited no FUP at 1600rs. The surprising part was installation was on next day, speeds and latency were good and consistent but most of all. During the 2 years I had the connection, the 3-4 times it did break off they fixed it within 1-5 hours. The way their customer service works is that they give me an OTP and I have to provide the OTP to the service staff when the connection is fixed. That way they are quite often efficient.

Here in Trivandrum it took two weeks after applying to start installation by lco. Took a further week to get everything up and running. cable, device, mac binding etc...

Don,t go with bsnl thier service is horrible and after your connection if a y problem comes in future they will not fix that in time for them time is 15 days to 30 months if you are repeteadly complaing them else they will simply forget you.i had a bsnl broadband 2 year ago it took around a month for the connection and it worked fine for 4 months but adter that threre was a problem with the line they took 1 month for fixing it and i had to pay that months bill also without using it.and it happened many times after that and finally i got it disconnected and even in disconnection it took 2 months for which also i have to pay the monthly rental.Go with any private isp dude.they may be little costly but thier service will be quick.Now i am using Fox FTTH broadband they did my connection within 2 days and from that time connection is akways stable sometines it went down and on complaining they came same day and fixed it same day.So only go with private local isp near your area.

If there has been one provider that consistently gave me good service it was Netplus (Punjab). They provide upto gigabit speed (FTTH), I had taken a plan for 200mbps unlimited no FUP at 1600rs. The surprising part was installation was on next day, speeds and latency were good and consistent but most of all. During the 2 years I had the connection, the 3-4 times it did break off they fixed it within 1-5 hours. The way their customer service works is that they give me an OTP and I have to provide the OTP to the service staff when the connection is fixed. That way they are quite often efficient.
[/QUOTE]
Correct bro local private isps are best

Well I had taken BSNL FTTH connection on April 2019 with the plan 849.Till now there has not been a single downtime issues that has been affected me.The connection is up and very pretty stable for me getting speeds above 50 Mbps as always. The earlier private ISP has been using will gone down 2 to 3 times in a week be it a cable fault or authentication issues..

I've had one bad experience with the earlier telephone broadband getting disconnected frequently... Esp when raining 😅And rains are heavy here in kerala. Had to call them 3 times before they found and replaced the faulty wire. Rest was all okay i guess.

Don,t go with bsnl thier service is horrible and after your connection if a y problem comes in future they will not fix that in time for them time is 15 days to 30 months if you are repeteadly complaing them else they will simply forget you.i had a bsnl broadband 2 year ago it took around a month for the connection and it worked fine for 4 months but adter that threre was a problem with the line they took 1 month for fixing it and i had to pay that months bill also without using it.and it happened many times after that and finally i got it disconnected and even in disconnection it took 2 months for which also i have to pay the monthly rental.Go with any private isp dude.they may be little costly but thier service will be quick.Now i am using Fox FTTH broadband they did my connection within 2 days and from that time connection is akways stable sometines it went down and on complaining they came same day and fixed it same day.So only go with private local isp near your area.

In my case I only have BSNL FTTH as internet option in my home area. Not a single other ISP is available here so no other option for me :)

I have just completed one year with my BSNL FTTH connection and it has mostly been good. There was one fiber cut back in June and my LCO vendor took more than 10 days to repair the connection, but other than that no issues with my connection (touch wood).

I am doubting whether they themselves cut the connection and did not fix it because BSNL not paying them their commission due to financial crunch or something like that :D

Otherwise pretty happy with experiencing 100 mbps speeds for the first time.

Earlier I was on BSNL ADSL 4 mbps connection which used to disconnect very frequently especially in rainy seasons. I also have Airtel 4G home wifi device (Huawei B310) as backup right now.

Well I had taken BSNL FTTH connection on April 2019 with the plan 849.Till now there has not been a single downtime issues that has been affected me.The connection is up and very pretty stable for me getting speeds above 50 Mbps as always. The earlier private ISP has been using will gone down 2 to 3 times in a week be it a cable fault or authentication issues..
Have you got connection directly from bsnl or from lco? If directly from bsnl then can you please give me whole breakdown of price for new bsnl ftth connection? Like what was the security deposit of modem and wifi router, installtion charges, cable charges, monthly rental charges for modem/WiFi and any extra hidden charges etc. Please provide detailed information.

Also tell me that is there any monthly rental charge for modem after paid one time modem security deposit Rs500? Is extra rent Rs90 will need to be paid every month even after deposit one time security Rs500 for modem?

Last edited:

Back