BSNL is harassing me and trying to scam me out of Rs 8,000. How should I proceed?

Something just occurred to me last night. Once I decided to have the connection terminated, I deposited the router and phone at their local office here and the guys gave me a signed No Objection Certificate which was then stamped by the Lucknow head office.

If my bills really were pending, then a NOC really couldn't have been issued as they can only give me one if the bills are cleared. Do you think this might strengthen my case?

As far as I know BSNL doesn't issue NOC unless all your dues are cleared. Therefore I believe it will work in your favour. If I were you, I would go to the exchange tomorrow and get a copy of all those bills that were shown to you by the official you met earlier. BSNL bills generally consists of two pages and the second page has all your landline and broadband usage details for the billed month. Make sure you check them.

Sorry to know about it. Learn a bit of law, and learn RTI in BSNL. Meet them in the court / RTI. There is nothing much you could do than facing them head-on.

This is not that big of a deal tbh. similar to getting caught in drunk driving case. you'll be summoned to court and judge will ask you why you did it. say sorry, pay fine promise to never drink and drive again and judge will let you go. 5 mins really.

Well, I visited their head office and after a bit of investigation by one of their senior officials, we reached an out of court settlement. Turns out BSNL doesn't hold a customer's data beyond 6 months. Also, the piece of paper I had received from their local office where I dropped off the modem wasn't a NOC (I obviously had no idea what it looked like) even though I had specifically requested it.

The officer offered me a settlement of Rs 3,000 and seeing that I had not much to go on, I just decided to forgo the legal stupidity that was to follow and pay. I'll just write it off as an educational expense. Oh well, lesson learned - avoid BSNL like the plague.

Thanks y'all! I really appreciate your help! :D

I hope you got a receipt for that settlement. Just scan it using camscanner and upload it to your google drive for future reference

Well same thing happened to me just now. I had applied for ftth connectin on 12 th july after 45 days they told connection no possible stating it will require too much wire. However, I just now recevied a bill for the amount of 2500rs.

Back