BSNL Kolkata, slow speed at 4MBPS plan

• Thread starter Thread starter debdutta95
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 8,597
After seeing this I feel like banging my head against the wall. Total waste of Rs.999, I think I was better with 512kbps plan, at least it would provide me promised speeds. I wonder how idiot the guys at BSNL can be, how can they downgrade someone's speed like that. Again asking them to upgrade will be a pain. I am considering to change my plan to the earlier one BB COMBO ULD675 as this plan seems to be a pain for me.

Would have been nice to allow people offer local ISPs. Just like cable network.

I still don't understand how uneducated can people be...on what basis they downgraded my downstream rate. Even 'jharuwalas' are better literate than these guys.

Well, BSNL folk are some of the stupidest people I've ever met. No knowledge of the field they are working in, nil. Not willing to listen to you, thinking they are 10x as smart as anyone else. They're a bunch of idiots.

Had a talk with the Sub Divisional Engineer and was shocked to see his knowledge on the topic. According to his system, the downstream rate shows 2047KB and not 708KB, and moreover he said that 2047KB is standard and "downstream rate has nothing to do with speed". He also said that tampering with these settings can cause to further problems in connectivity. In one word, he is unwilling to do anything. I wonder how these illiterates and lazy guys manage to get job at BSNL, with no knowledge how the system works. I highly doubt if his qualifications are apt for this job or not.

Anyways, I have given them last warning that if the problem is not rectified within a week or so, I would be disconnecting. In the meanwhile, I am having talks with my society secretary, if we somehow drill a new port for wires to come to my house, but so far no luck there.

Ya I have tried pgportal to complain but they closed down my three complains without any explanations. Neither did I receive any call nor anyone ever addressed those problems.

@debdutta95 if some worthy candidates get a job in BSNL then that will be 8 th wonder of this world. Lazy, stupid, careless people getting job in Bsnl is absolutely normal, IMHO.

Even if 20% of Bsnl staff do 50% of their work sincerely, then private players will have no chance. Their job security is our country's sickness..

Ok, finally after some ifs and buts, got myself a descent cable broadband ie Alliance Broadband. I have taken the 2MBPS plan for ₹1400 plan and so far it is really worth it. I am getting slightly more speed than 2MBPS, also I am getting 35MBPS peering on torrents and YouTube. Will be kicking out BSNL next week.

Speed I am getting through cable broadband
4381827496.png

Back