BSNL Modem Adapter replacement??

• Thread starter Thread starter karumudi7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 26,061

karumudi7

ISP
AIRTEL
I bought a Modem from BSNL which is ITI Type 2 in Feb of this year(2009).Now the Modem Adapter was damaged, will BSNL replace the Adapter? If not how much will be the price to buy from outside,Specifications:input:95-295 vac,50 +_ 2Hzoutput: 10 VDC @ 750 mAThank u

see para two first. If not successful,
Seems to be smps power supply and will be costly.
You can take the defective unit to an Electronic shop, and ask ,
replacement with input Ac 230V~ and output ,( if possible
regulated at 10 V= DC . current rating should be 1AMP
Be careful about connect plug. Inner +ve etc.
Cost will be around Rs 200/=
Don't buy cordless Power adapters as current rating is very low.

Para two;
try in BSNL for a replacement.
If modem purchased outright within a year replacement
possible. . ( purchased in Feb 2009)
Take both adapter and modem to Exchange for testing.

/////replacement with input Ac 230V~ and output ,( if possibleregulated at 10 V= DC . current rating should be 1AMPBe careful about connect plug. Inner +ve etc. //////Which combinations can i use?I cant get u correctly..What is the meaning of "Be careful about connect plug. Inner +ve etc."Plz mention the ratings which I can able to use.Once again my ratings are 10vDC @ 750 mA

Local make replacements never give the voltage specified and the current rating won't be sufficient.There will be a rectifier circuit with a single Electrolytic condenser giving a varying DC output. 2. A stabilised Adapter will have additional component/s to give a Stable Output at 10 Volts 1 AMP cost slightly more )The modem will consume may be .6 or .7Amp See the original adapter and there will be a small picture showing Inner +ve and outer -ve.If you reverse this polarity, modem may be damagedIn the market, you may not get 10V .750 Amp unit, but 9V or 12 V DC at , 500 mA, 750 mA or 1 Amp ( 1000 mA).Did you try for replacement at BSNL JTO office ?One year warranty for replacement , when modempurchased outright.Meet higher officials..the overrating

Can I use 10v DC 1000mA instead of 10v DC 750 mA???

See this: Is the following Statement correct????

Voltage is supplied in full whereas current is drawn as per requirement.

Suppose a device specification is 10V DC / 750mA. In this case, you have to have a supply that is exactly 10V DC. The current rating must be at least
750mA or higher.

Such a power supply will always provide the right voltage and the device will draw the current that is required. If the PS is capable of providing more than 750mA that does not mean all the current will flow into the device. The device will draw 750mA and no more.

So in your case, there is no problem.

This works for any device. Check the voltage/ampere/wattage requirement. The Power supply must be exactly the same voltage and ampere/wattage of PS must exceed the desired requirement.

The equation is:

W = V x I.

You are right. The current will draw as per the device consumption. Putting more capacity is always good.ThanksBala

[1] Ok, If 10vDC 750mA is available then can i prefer to this or 10vDC 1A??
What is the precaution i have to take while buying,inorder to avoid damage to the modem?

While I am buying a new one shall i hav to follow the same pic(Polarity Pic) which is on the label or this picture is same for all Power Adapters??

Pls see the below attachment which is a label on my power Adapter with polarity picture..

Pic Link:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_SS_HZ88BQLM/SuB2Vd6BU3I/AAAAAAAAAhg/-EtDxivnQR0/s400/pic.JPG

[2] for present use I connected a 5.2V 1A the modem is getting off for every 10min and again poweron after some time... Is this due to Low voltage supply or modem fault. Will this cause to any effect to the Modem??

Buy an adapter input230VAC`~ output DC 10V = 1Amp with plug tip +ve. as show in your picture.Some units are supplied with 4 different plugs cable.Take the faulty unit to Electronic shopThe saleseman will give you the correct one with proper plug.\The MRP is only for guidance and you may get a discount of about 20 to 30%Say about Rs 200/ will be the price.

Back