BSNL S4U+ v1.0 modem / adapter replacement

• Thread starter Thread starter hno3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,163

hno3

ISP
Airtel
My father is using a BSNL connection at home. The modem model name is S4U+ v1.0 having power rating 5.2 V 1A. Adapter used is 5.2V DC 1A.The modem stopped working. BSNL guy checked out and said that the adapter has gone bad but they don't have any spares. We hand to replace it.Now if I go to the market I am not sure if I'll get compatible adapter or even if I get one I am not sure if the modem is faulty. So I want to look at other options.So my questions are:-1. Are all DC adapters for modems standard ones or they vary a lot?2. If the modern is faulty and I want to replace it which is the most compatible and easily available modem for BSNL wired broadband assuming that the S4U model is not avalanche in market.Thanks for your help!

You will definitely get it in the market. They have all sorts of pin sizes and power ratings. Just need to go to the right are and get the right brand. Preferably test the output with a multimeter to ensure you are getting the right voltage and current before purchase. Typically you should get it in most electrical shops. I usually always buy a brand called Maxine in Chennai and I visit the direct manufacturer's shops in Chennai.

Take your modem with you, an experienced sales man won't need more than a couple of minutes.

Back