BSNL starts fibre-to-the-home broadband services in Vadodara

Fibre and ADSL require roughly the same amount of skills, just different. I'm sure they've got a separate set of trained people to deal with their Fibre as well as their ADSL.

As a business person, I don't really agree with true unlimited plans. As a consumer, I totally do. The problem for BSNL will be overheads.

I quite agree with you about unlimited plans. But regarding skills i donot.
I am facing poor broadband speeds with BSNL 4Mbps plan. I have raised multiple complaints but no one from BSNL exchange, NOC, NIB is sure what the problem is. Do you really think bsnl has capable technical staff who can resolve issues in lets say 1 week?
I doubt. If they are not capable of resolving issues in ADSL n/w, do you think they are capable of resolving issues in OFC based n/w ? :happy:
More over they dont have proper customer support system and people. Their support executives disconnect calls when they are not aware of what to reply :@ that too after making you wait for 10min to talk to them.

I quite agree with you about unlimited plans. But regarding skills i donot.
I am facing poor broadband speeds with BSNL 4Mbps plan. I have raised multiple complaints but no one from BSNL exchange, NOC, NIB is sure what the problem is. Do you really think bsnl has capable technical staff who can resolve issues in lets say 1 week? I doubt. If they are not capable of resolving issues in ADSL n/w, do you think they are capable of resolving issues in OFC based n/w ? :happy:

I didn't say capable, I said separate. The fact is, they should have engineers for the DSL network as well as the Fiber network. They may be capable, they may also be completely incompetent - that's not for me to say.

More over they dont have proper customer support system and people. Their support executives disconnect calls when they are not aware of what to reply :@ that too after making you wait for 10min to talk to them.

From complaints I've seen around, this seems to be a BSNL problem in general, whether it's for phone, broadband or whatever.

mgcarley.You are absolutely right. I must say they are incompetent. Out of frustration i said they are not capable. Because of some incompetent staff, whole company may get a bad name.I have heard lot of good things about hayai. Are you going to provide services in Bangalore, Karnataka?

mgcarley.
You are absolutely right. I must say they are incompetent. Out of frustration i said they are not capable. Because of some incompetent staff, whole company may get a bad name.
I have heard lot of good things about hayai. Are you going to provide services in Bangalore, Karnataka?

Once we have launched and all, yes, we will expand to all other major centres in India (and many minor ones too).

Back