• Thread starter Thread starter djsas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 7,024

djsas

DATAONE AND 3G BOTH SUCKS
ISP
BSNL Dataone
hi guyzzz,i am facing quite a unusual problem.... from 3rd or 4th march my torrent downloading speed has gone down severely...... but downloads done by "orbit downloader" has been quite good say arnd 226kb/sec.... but in torrent its hardly going above 72kb/sec..... the torrent has huge number of seeders arnd 10200..... now the problem that i have noticed is that though there is a huge number of seeders only a few is getting connected..... and its the same case for any torrent that i download... Usually my torrent speed used to be 195 to 203kb/sec.... i hav checked all the settings of u torrent and checked the ports also.... they r fine.....i even resetted my modem.. but that didnt helped also.... i am using UT300R2U modem and my OS is Windows 7 which i am using for the last 2 months... what i want to know is that what cud be the possible problems and whome to contact to get rid of these problems..... I am on BSNL Kolkata

How big is the file ?What torrent client are you using ?10200 sounds a bit high for any torrent, are you sure this isn't the leecher count ?If you are getting normal speeds with orbit, it seems like this is a torrent specific issue.

the torrent is arnd 700 MB.... its Quantum of Solace... aXXo 's torrent... so seed count is so high.... but as i said i have used many torrents but all are having the same prob... i am using u torrent 1.7.7..... Tried 1.8 and 1.8.3 beta also... but all in vain... tried bit comet and bit lord and Flashget also.... but no development.... the question is that if i hav full speed then why it wud work only in http or ftp file downloads and not in torrrent (where i have tried torrents from leading private desi trackers and well seeded public torrents..)

Check your maximum number of half-open outbound TCP connections with this tool
http://half-open.com/Half-open_limit_fix_3.6.zip
Sometimes windows update reset the half-open connection to 10. use the tool to set it to anything between 50-100. Also change this number in Utorrent. Go to Utorrent>Options>Preferences>Advanced and change the value of net.max_halfopen and press "set".
For better speed you should look at torrent seed/leach ratio than number of seed. For example a seed/leach ratio of 200/60 is better than 10200/8000.

@ newbie 1947.....i think ur tip has worked out for me... i changed the max half open both in tcp/ip and in u torrrent...speed has improoved i think.... atleast the major prob that i was facing of seeders available but not getting connected has been solved... whether speed issue has been solved totally or not would be known only after i start major downloads after 2 A.M

Recently i changed my bsnl bb plan from 500+(256 kbps) to UL 750+(512kbps), After plan changes my download speed(torrent and orbit) was within 60 kbps. Before 125 kbps.. Please help me to increase download speedSpeed test result Download .55 Mbps, upload speed .39 Mbps

Unlimited 750 gives 512kbps = around 60KBps. So what you are getting is correct. :)Even i am on same plan.

Recently i changed my bsnl bb plan from 500+(256 kbps) to UL 750+(512kbps), After plan changes my download speed(torrent and orbit) was within 60 kbps. Before 125 kbps.. Please help me to increase download speed
Speed test result Download .55 Mbps, upload speed .39 Mbps

You're getting the correct speed: 60KBps. Please note, 512kbps=64KBps
KBps= Kilo Bytes per second
Kbps= kilo bits per second
8Kb=1KB

I assume you had Home 500 C + plan that costs you Rs.600 per month and gives you 2Mbps(256KBps). Now you're having Home 750 UL that gives you 512Kbps(64KBps)

Recently i changed my bsnl bb plan from 500+(256 kbps) to UL 750+(512kbps), After plan changes my download speed(torrent and orbit) was within 60 kbps. Before 125 kbps.. Please help me to increase download speed
Speed test result Download .55 Mbps, upload speed .39 Mbps

Me too on UL 750. You are getting the promised speed. As the plan is unlimited, BSNL doesn't want people to be heavy on bandwidth and hence the lesser speed. If you need higher speeds, move back to Home 500 / 600 Combo or ULD 1350. There are a few other plans with 2/4 Mbps unlimited below Rs. 1,000 but with very low FUP.

Back