BSNL WA3002G4 Type II Modem Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter garfie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,074

garfie

ISP
BSNL
I got this WA3002G4 Type II Modem this month. I am facing a strange issue. Every day, the wireless access gets activated ONLY after couple of restarts. That means, when I switch it on in the morning, I am not able to access the net using wifi. Then I need to restart the modem again (sometimes twice or thrice). Then it works just fine, the whole day.What could be the reason? Is there any fix?Thanks in advance..

is the wifi network visible everytime? or you just have connection isssues via wireless at times?

Sorry, I was out of station..No, the wireless network wont be visible when the modem is switched on for the first time in the morning (most of the time). If I sign into modem and just give save and reboot, it works (same with running diagnostics). But things are back to square one next day :huh: (I swith off the modem every night). Again I need to run diagnostics or save and reboot or switch off and switch on the modem...

Whether your ISP is connected, WIFI modem is connected or not,
Your Wireless Network will appear as an Icon in the Task bar.
When you click to View Available wireless Networks "

You should see your WIFI name as well as secured unsecured
wifi networks ,if any in Range..

This confirms your WLAN set up is correct.
Try to select yours ( is it automatic or manual )
Secured or unsecured ?
or other network and click connect.
What is the error message you get ?

Mention the Wireless LAN adapter you are using.

Para two:
See the previous link given and see entry No 7
Try LANport connection and see you get connected to Internet.
You can keep the connection RJ45 from Wa3002-g4 to computer.
for testing.
Recheck entries in the modem.

Hithen Do try to save the settings after u see the wireless signal. then save and reboot.ShreeRaman

Networks will be visible ONLY when there is signal (even very weak). Computer won't show wireless networks which WERE there sometime back. As I said earlier, hence the wireless network name is NOT available in the 'Wireless Network Connection' window, in my case. So, I can not try connectiing to the network since it do not exist and hence no error message too. My modem is configured properly (if settings were wrong, it wont work just because I switched it off and then switched it on. And in my case, it works perfectly other than this 'starting trouble') The RJ45 works fine, even when the WIFI fails.Yes, I DID save before I rebooted. But that did not solve the issue. Anyway, thanks for the help/response.

The screen shot earlier was "Connected" My Network is KK. rest nearby. Switched off modem switched off Netgear wgr614V6refresh wireless networks Same picture except "KK" not connected. rest data same . In task Bar Icon shows not connected.When both switched on " message acquiring Network address " etc.Para two :Anyway please mention the Wireless LAN Adapter you use.IN network settings page click configure Go advanced . ( List the option available )See any power saving option has been selected.

Sorry, I was onsite...It has nothing to do with the WLAN Adapter (I face the same issue with my official laptop, personal laptop,2 Mobile phones and Wii) . Thanks to all, especially 'essbebe'. Please consider this post closed, though not resolved.

Back