Cable landing fee cut to make international bandwidth cheaper

• Thread starter Thread starter xred
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,155
I didn't get the math though, news says bandwidth charges fell by about 50 % but then the cost of a 10GB came down from 3.4 Crores to 6.25 Lakhs - isn't that more than 95% drop in price !!!Are these people just toying around with fake news & numbers now or what

Maybe they meant it had become fifty percent of what it was before?

The way I get this thing is that previously the Max limit price for 10 Gbps bandwidth was 3.4 crore though ISPs were able to get much lower prices by negotiating.10-30 lakh depending upon whom you are (small or big)The new ceiling 6.25 lakhs equates to 625 rupees per megabit or approx 2rs per GB cost. Which means if this is followed by the wholesellers all ISP can offer much better plans with better speedThis is even better price than what even bsnl was getting until recently. Further negotiation can bring the cost more down if you are a big buyer.

This is what i hate about the policies of the private companies.....they always want to milk customer to the last drop....!That means the progress of bandwidth penetration in India will be lot more slower....!Thankx a lot to these two companies......i expect them not to talk about how bad the situation is in India for internet penetration...!

I hate the fact that all good services are limited to big cities like Delhi, mumbai and other metros. It takes ages for them to implement all over India :(

I don't see any decrease in the tariff.I have talked to many officers in TRAI about " Only because BSNL is available at every location , it is costlier than any other broadband in India"They said, I am the only one who is complaining about it and they don't take any individual complaint. I told them that I can't march with 50 people in Delhi at jantar mantar holding placards about this issue. And the result was , nothing happened..I have mailed them several times.. I have also taken this issue to pgportal.gov.in.. and I have also mailed few DOT (Department of Telecommunications) officers.Never got any reply. I don't know, I always keep dreaming about fast internet connection.. atlast I thought, I will work in any broadband company to make noticeable development in that field so that , everyone will get fast and reliable broadband speed.I saw few vacancies and what I did was, I created my CV and mailed it to YOUbroadband and ACT broadband. LOL. No reply.. Maybe my application got rejected.. I did wrote in my CV that I don't care for the salary..anything will be fine, I just want to bring development in broadband service... But I guess I didn't fit on their eligibility. What else can I do. I am dreaming every night... few days back I dreamt that I was a part of NOFN project.. LOL.. I sure am getting mad!!!!

I hate the fact that all good services are limited to big cities like Delhi, mumbai and other metros. It takes ages for them to implement all over India :(

Yes.. Facing the same problem here in Kochi.

Back