Call Barring on Airtel Mobile

• Thread starter Thread starter tech_help
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 29,163
i dont really see purpose of incoming call barring when its not charged in India. u can always put mobile on silent or switch off when in meeting. its mostly outgoing call barring which is desired.

I think it's need to be activated by service provider. tried 1234, 0000 but not successful. So unless service provider activates it, the code won't be successful. so any charges for activation?

Its free in Vodafone and MTNL (trump/dolphin), so shud be so with Airtel too.

yups....i also too think its free with airtel........i m using airtel though bt i havn't bothered abt the call barring option

Its free in Vodafone and MTNL (trump/dolphin), so shud be so with Airtel too.

But Vodafone is not supporting Incoming call barring!

As I already said, why do u need it?Ok, I tried incoming call barring. It works. After activating incoming call barring, when I called my number it said, "Number is NOT accepting calls"There is one condition though, incoming call barring does not work if u have call divert activated. Most Vodafone numbers have "out of reach, call divert" activated for miss call alerts.So if u want to bar incoming calls, first disable all call diverts and then it will work.

^^ Ok that should be the reason. I have MCI activated.

Incoming call barring or Outgoing call barring ...both are dependent on the service provider (atleast with Airtel) & if you will ask for it at the customer care then the same will not be provided to you until & unless you have lost the SIM ...if you will only ask for outgoing call barring or incoming call barring (maybe not with incoming call barring ) then it is a loss to the service provider's revenue, thats why it is not supported by the service providers

Back