Can I Complain?

• Thread starter Thread starter realmccool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,211

realmccool

ISP
MTNL NU 849
Ever since I switched to the dsl 888 unlimited plan on June 1 ..my connection has gone bad.Surfing speed is poor.Youtube videos won't load,they get stuck after a few secs.Even though I am getting speedtest results of about 1.5 - 1.8 mbps after 10 pm with ping of about 180-200 ms.But if I use torrents I get download speed of about 180-200kbpsOften adsl link light on the modem goes out...it comes back on after a while..but doesn't stay on for more than 10 mins. I haven't touched my line ( no parallel lines after the splitter,no joints).Logging in has become a challenge..I always get stuck at the connection window "verifying username password" in windows. have to try many times to get connected .Its worse If I use pppoe mode then I have to turn the modem on and off to get connected.Earlier I was on the 849NU plan,things were better off was getting constant speeds,video streaming was stutter free even on 720p.As per the plan I am supposed to get speeds upto 2mbps after 10 pm,which I am at times when I use torrents..but otherwise surfing speeds can be compared to 256-300 kbps.If I complain,mtnl will probably send somebody at my place,but I am sure the problem is not related at my end.Btw what are the ideal dsl parameters ? I am using glb 802c modem in bridge mode.

1 What we know from your post is that you are facing issues with the surfing speed, and its alright when it comes to the download speed(On torrents only). Can you do one thing, download any random file from a website and post the screenshot of the same(Note: Not from torrents) 2. Post your Modem's log, Let us know your SNR Margin .......3. Better to lodge a complain with MTNL as well, Tell them clearly that the browsing speed is slow. It is true that, they are still not in a position to differentiate the surfing speed and the download speed :P

Since yesterday the dsl link light is not steady.. will have to visit exchange tomorrow. Here are my dsl parameters..My upload speed should be 512..it has been reduced to 391..strange

I think you are probably suffering from the same problem I was sometime back. written about it here . . https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/69611-strange-speed-problem-999-unlimited/ The symptoms are pretty similar.

Do one thing. Run speedtest after 10pm, but test on various servers globally. Most likely that you will register excellent speeds on mumbai/delhi servers, but outside of India your speeds will be killed. If that is the case, then there really isn't much you can do about it. At least I couldn't. Whoever I spoke to at mtnl was baffled and could not grasp this issue. Anyways had no option but to wait it out. And it was a temporary thing (temp being about a month in my case). The connections back to normal now.

Back