Can i make my ip address dynamic?

• Thread starter Thread starter intrigue
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,566
@members/intrigue/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Your IP is already Dynamic. Will be changing.Check, whenever you connect and reconnect
to the Internet broadband .
What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Thanks for the replyBut my IP address is not dynamic, its static. Everytime i go to whatismyip.com, i get the same ip even after restarting modem.I had earlier UT Starcom 300R2U modem. Now i have got DSL-502TSo is there any way to make the ip dynamic?

if u r on the unlimited plan... u will have a static IP

unless you use proxies i dont see any other way around..... or maybe some s/w like Hidemyip....

So is there any way to change my current ip via http://192.168.1.1 ?

I am asking this because i had earlier different ip when i first got this DSL- 502T modem (3 days back). After doing some settings, i am back to same old ip(which i used to have with UT Starcom 300R2U modem).

Also i know, we can change our ip with softwares like HidemyIP, GhostSurf.
But i want to change it via http://192.168.1.1.

simple answer to your question is that there is no way to change ur IP to dynamic from the modem settings..it is assigned by MTNL and will remain static unless they change it. But u can always cloak ur IP by using the services that u have mentioned

How to Use the NETSH Command to Change from Static IP Address to DHCP in Windows 2000
EXTRACT
To switch the specified adapter from a static
address to DHCP, type the following
command:
netsh interface ip set address \"Local Area
Connection\" dhcp
NOTE: Typing this command changes the
interface named \"Local Area Connection\" to
DHCP. ...........
Read full article . May not work for XP.

Also see Coffee, smoke and techilicious burps at 3.47 AM : Netgear wireless router at home - Issues and Solutions.
[Open in new window]

well even am on an unlimited connection and my IP is dynamic..have u applied for static ip or what???

well even am on an unlimited connection and my IP is dynamic..have u applied for static ip or what???

By the looks of it Mtnl has given him a static ip:whistle:

Back