Can I use netgear WIFI router without beetel modem

• Thread starter Thread starter crazyball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 10,528

crazyball

ISP
Airtel
Hi Guys, Please let me know if i can use Netgear wifi router to conect to the internet without using the beetel modem provided by airtel? Or in other words can i connect to internet by only configuring the Netgear Wifi router? My beetel modem is not working but I just bought Netgear Wifi router. Please advise. Thanks

Call CC airtel and get the modem replaced.
Netgear specify model number.

But can i use the router without the modem?? is it possible if u have a ADSL connection?

Call CC airtel and get the modem replaced .
Netgear: specify model number.

WGT624 Netgear wifi router

Update: 0728AM DG834G
DG834G - Wireless-G Router with Built-in DSL Modem
Please select the Netgear link given and look for products .
Since you had already purchased one model, and if still in original packing , try to persuade the shop keeper to change it to Adsl2modem+router+WIFI model. If Netgear not available, consider /D-Link/Liksys/Buffalo.
See thread "Which wireless router to buy ?" in MTNL forum for discussion. .

Update: 0728AM DG834G
DG834G - Wireless-G Router with Built-in DSL Modem
Please select the Netgear link given and look for products .
Since you had already purchased one model, and if still in original packing , try to persuade the shop keeper to change it to Adsl2modem+router+WIFI model. If Netgear not available, consider /D-Link/Liksys/Buffalo.
See thread \"Which wireless router to buy ?\" in MTNL forum for discussion. .

Thanks..

I got the modem + router and its working fine with my airtel connection. is it possible that people around me can use my wifi connection to surf net from their comp or devices???How can i avoid that, how can i secure it?

Back