Can we use airtel 4g CPE sim card in mobile or dongle?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 20,621
I got postpaid SIM/account to start with itself, I had actually visited official Airtel store around June last year before all the 4G advertising had started - for change of my mobile SIM but casually asked status of 4G coverage in my area (because I had 4G 3-4 years ago but had cancelled it due to poor coverage) - then an engineer came for demo with CPE and dongle and since speeds were good I signed up with him then and there, provided my ID proofs etc. Account was activated within a day or two IIRC.

I guess postpaid means you need to use the service every month, I never tried to "pause" the service in between so far. Bill cycle is fixed at certain date of the month and I need to call the CC to change the plans or topup with smartbytes because plan change website is not working (smartbytes is supposed to work but this month I had to call them due to some technical issues going on according to CC)

@vishalrao Does airtel 4g home plans price shown on website is including tax or tax will be added later? For example there is plan cost 2995rs for 50GB data with 1 bill cycle. Is this 2995rs cost including tax or tax will be added later?
5600ee9ffd.png

Tax will be added later in the bill, around 15% or so I think.

So to avail airtel home plans. Either i have to buy dongle or home cpe to get the data only sim card?
Or i can use airtel 4g home plans in any sim card?
A couple of weeks back, I checked with Airtel store about a data-only SIM for my iPad. I was told that the data only SIM card can be obtained by getting a postpaid connection. You can then subscribe to the postpaid plans available. They don't give prepaid data-only SIM but I was told such SIMs will be available at retail stores like Poorvika, Unvercell etc.

Back