Cancellation/Shifting advise needed

mehrotra.akash

Regular
ISP
I-ON(Dvois)/Airtel+IPTV/Photon+
I'm currently in Gurgaon on the 999 IPTV 512kbps plan and am shifing to Noida this month.The new plans available are 1099 (with less channels) and 1199 with all channels -- both are 2mbps with 10GB FUPAny shifting experiences?I applied for cancellation, the retention dept called me. When asked, I told I was canceling due to shifting, and I couldnt be 30 days (Standard time for shifting connection) without net.The guy said that shifting will only take 7 days.When I asked for this in a written form (mail), the mail said 30 days only.Any ideas on how many days they take to shift a connection IRL? (I dont want to lose the old tariff plan, but 30 days w/o net is not an option)

When I asked for this in a written form (mail), the mail said 30 days only.
reply to that mail mentioning the 7-days time over telephonic communication.
I think its quite possible to finish shifting even less then 7 days as you are shifting to same NCR zone.

here is something i heard from the airtel guys. if you shift your connection, you might lose the package that is discontinued from their end. might is the keyword here. i was told that i would be migrated to one of the new plans when i applied for migration. canceled right at that moment.

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 14-06-11, concern regarding shifting for airtel landline xxxxxxxx.

Thank you for writing to airtel.

We would liek to inform you that, as per process, in case of movers their are no charges for shifting once in a year.

We would like to confirm that we had already registered a request with reference number xxxxxxxxx. Our team is working on the same and the request will be resolved by 30 days.

We seek your cooperation in this regard.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.

Please do write in for any further assistance.

warm regards,

Haritha M
customer care executive
bharti airtel limited

---------Original Message----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Sent: 14/06/2011 11:23:05 AM
Subject: Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [|BAL|xxxxxxxxxx|]

I received a call from the retention department recently saying that:

Transfer of connection from Gurgaon to Noida will take a maximum of 7 days
Transfer of connection is free from Gurgaon to Noida

Please confirm that the above are correct via email.

IF the above are correct (transfer from Gurgaon to NOIDA will take max. 7 days
and is free), I would like to convert my cancellation request to a transfer
request.

----------

^^ proof that they dont even read the mail you send in

here is something i heard from the airtel guys. if you shift your connection, you might lose the package that is discontinued from their end. might is the keyword here. i was told that i would be migrated to one of the new plans when i applied for migration. canceled right at that moment.
+1

Dear Customer,
Ref: Email dated 14-06-11, concern regarding shifting for airtel landline xxxxxxxx.Thank you for writing to airtel.We would liek to inform you that, as per process, in case of movers their are no charges for shifting once in a year.
We would like to confirm that we had already registered a request with reference number xxxxxxxxx. Our team is working on the same and the request will be resolved by 30 days.We seek your cooperation in this regard.
It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.Please do write in for any further assistance.

warm regards,
Haritha M
customer care executive
bharti airtel limited

yes, a lame canned response.

----------

try to contact them over Twitter or re-send the mail with cc to appellate.
See the screenshorts my blast from the past :P,

+1

yes, a lame canned response.

doesnt seem like a canned response..

A canned response would have had the brandname with a capital "A", wouldnt have misspelled "like" as "liek" ,etc

^^ right said, might be a copy-paste and modification.they have all shorts of ready to send templates

So, I just called them up..Apparently they canceled my cancellation request, and converted it to a shifting request.I got them to revert it to a cancellation request, and will probably follow up every 2 days by calling up to check if it is still active, or whether they have canceled it again...(dont have time to follow up too much with Airtel, need to get the NOIDA connection active by 5th-6th July at the latest)

Back