Can't get the ONT modem to bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter stroper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9,079
ISP
Airtel Fiber
Hello there!

I have received 707GR1 ONT with firmware version V01.00.01_72 from Airtel with 300Mbps speed. I have requested bridge mode and the option is now available under WAN connection. I have TP-Link router and I couldn't find a way to enable bridge mode on the ONT to connect tp-link router as there were multiple configuration options which I couldn't figure out.

I have called Airtel support and received username and password. Previously, the username is [email protected] and the password is hidden. I have tried with dsl number such as [email protected] and account number as password and it didn't work. I have done nothing apart from enabling the bridge option under WAN configuration page. May be there is something else that I must configure?

Any further help/advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

lJCYDGw.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Create a new configuration for bridge, don't modify the pre existing TR069 one.

Upvote 0
@Aashish.007 Thank you. I missed that. I will try that tonight. It seems to be, I also misunderstood the concept of bridge mode as I supposed to be enabled bridge mode on the ONT and then use PPPoE connection type in TP-Link router to get connected. I will try this and update this thread with outcome.

Upvote 0
@stroper please input your Airtel phone number with (std code) @ airtelbroadband.in. For e.g. my login ID is [email protected]
Use your customer ID as the password. If you can't make it work please speak to Airtel support. Login ID formats may vary.

Upvote 0
@Chip @Aashish.007 Thanks for your prompt help. I got the username and password now.

When I enabled bridge mode, the drop down gives couple of options, and I have no idea on differences.

Should I select Bridged Ethernet (Transparent Bridging) or Bridged PPPoE under Bridge Mode? I have called Airtel, but I didn't get clear answer either. I even emailed support team and no response either.

Any thoughts please?

fScihNp.png

Upvote 0
@stroper keep it at bridged ethernet transparent bridging and try. The Airtel router is supposed to work only as a dumb ONT. If the setting doesn't work shift to the PPPoE version

Upvote 1

Back