Celebrity News

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,656
  • Views Views 201,166
1000 crore deal? It must be 1000 crore project.

Salman's star will remain for 2-3 more years.

TV channel should be able to recover average 400 crore a year to make it profitable over 4 yrs

I doubt thats possible.

The deal include 10 movies and multiple appearances on television. An actor of his caliber is known to charge many crores for a single appearance so it does not appear to be that bad. Varun Dhawan was able to charge Rs. 300 crores for 10 movies. In comparison, Salman is easily worth at least ten times.

Salman's deal with TV network (I guess Star network) is that all movies which he act irrespective of production house would be broadast on that TV network first. Exception is for Yashraj Production who already has deal with Sony. So Sultan would first broadcast on Sony TV/MAX. But all other Salman movies would broadcast on Star(?) network channels. I guess Hritik and Ajay Devgn have same deal with STAR.

How can Salman decide that? Should n't producers of movies have those rights?

Unless its produced by his own brother OR he puts that condition before signing any film.

He decides before signing the film. Have you noticed that many recent films by Hritik, Ajav Devgan and Salman are broadcast only on STAR channels.
Besides nowadays I read somewhere that these actors have share in production. Its like they have share in Production and distribution.

Yes I remember long back Aamir khan and SRK coming together for getting distribution rights. They had made it a huge issue.

But now a days more popular way is to make films under own (family) banner. (and get 100% rights and profit)

Update
Found the link
SRK, Aamir demand profit share - Times of India

Reportedly, Aamir will claim 33 percent of the profits for YRF's Dhoom 3. A friend of Aamir says, "I think he is getting nearly 50 percent.

There are only two parties involved here Aamir and YRF. Why would Aamir settle for just one-third?"

Reportedly, for the blockbuster, 3 Idiots, Aamir had a 40 percent share

Back