Champions League T20 discussion thread - 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,169
I already watch it occasionally.... But IP-L having more Indian players will obviously have more following.

So out of 4 I-P-L teams, 3 have lost and DD won from KKR. Seeing the level of our I-P-L teams :D

So out of 4 I-P-L teams, 3 have lost and DD won from KKR. Seeing the level of our I-P-L teams :D
You cannot judge from a single round. The same thing was said about the quality of IPL teams (DC, DD, RCB) when none of those 3 managed to qualify for the semi finals in 2009.
The next year, CSK won the CLT20 in South Africa. Last year, MI won it in India.
These are early days. We shall see.

^ Indian players just cannot play on those fast and bouncy overseas tracks, as simple as that and the same goes to the Club teams as well.We have already seen how they have struggled in those bouncy tracks and donot think 4 overseas players including one or two bowlers in the IPL teams are gonna win for those teams.You're just becoming optimistic for your team CSK, that's all you can do but all in vain.

Disappointed to see Sachin struggling :(But I guess its expected. Even if he maintains SR of 100, still it would look bad in this format of game.

I guess even Mumbai Indians team management will come under pressure to convince him to take up a management role.

Champions League T20 news : Shane Watson ordered home from CLT20 amid burnout fears | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Shane Watson's special case status has been underlined by Cricket Australia's decision to unilaterally withdraw him from the latter stages of the Champions League Twenty20 in South Africa. Nonetheless, Australia's Test captain Michael Clarke has reminded Watson that he is not indispensable by bluntly pointing out that last summer's 4-0 defeat of India was achieved without him.

Meanwhile Sehwag is playing CL-T20, and I see the odds in favour in him missing out part or full of the England series.

Back