• Thread starter Thread starter NeO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,420

NeO

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849NU
Hi All,I have changed my router config from PPPoE to bridging,now I am unable to open the router page & even net is not working.I am on semindia router.Is their a way to open router page so i can change back to PPPoE.My default router page was 192.168.1.1

I think you can try and reset your router to factory settings - there is a small reset button at the back of most routers. I faced this problem when I changed my routers IP address once and hence couldn't connect to the internet. I reset the router and reconfigured it using the quick setup wizard [I have a wireless router from mtnl] and thereafter the net has been working just fine.

Btw, when you change to bridging you have to connect to MTNL through a dialer that you have to configure seperately. Hope you have done that ?

I just used the reset button as told by ritwik.But now the problem is different,the internet light on router is not blinking & when i check the router status page it says "Authentication Failure".My password is also correct I have confirmed it.

When you reset your router the username and password are reset to factory settings, which in most cases is: username: adminpassword: admin Have you been trying any other [maybe your old] login details?

did you configure vpi/vci 0/32 after resetting the modem?

Yup VPI/VCI are 0/32,but when I check my router config page under device info I see status as "Authentication Failure" even the internet light on router doesnt blink.I have checked my router password is same as my service password on register.mtnl.net.in.What can be the issue guys,please suggest

/members/neo/Please post ( screenshot preferred) Device status page. ( unfamiliar modem )Start/ run type cmd type ipconfig/all . Post details here. Ping 192.168.1.1

I am using Sem India Modem

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/rnamdeo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgI have attached screenshots. Its been 6 days now,mtnl ppl are shit.http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mtnlinfotf3.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mtnlinfotf3.jpg
I can ping 192.168.1.1

/members/neo/I downloaded the manual. seems same as utstar/ models.Your screenshot does not show Device status Board ID etc to compare. (Did you edit it or you got a blank page ? )What did you enter in the WAN page ? vpi/vci 0_32Deselect "bridged" and select PPP/PPPoE.Enter your User Id password "Always ON 'In DNS page enter 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222Save and Reboot.

Back