Check your phone if it is affected by the USSD Exploit

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,067
:ohmy: - My Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro directly displayed my IMEI. Do I need to really worry about this ?I use BSNL postpaid and my operator has no USSD commands for postpaid.The only thing I need to worry about is hard reset or similar stuff.Nokia E5 says invalid phone number and closes the browser. Loved you Nokia.

as long as you do not surf random websites in your phone's browser?

as long as you do not surf random websites in your phone's browser?

With all those shortened links who know what one is clicking on

lol. you can blame me of course. i am sure twitter is fun for everyone. (personally i think goo.gl links are safe as in google probably verifies them through their safe browsing tech).

It just shows my dialer and nothing else. No imei or code. So am I vulnerable? On Sgs3.

does not look like it. not a big one of course. if some people end up dialing the ussd code :D god help them!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mulliner.telstop

This is a quick fix for the TEL attacks described here [1].
The tool works through publishing a URI handler for TEL. Every time a TEL URI is activated an application selector will be shown. If you suddenly see the application selector that includes Phone and TelStop you know something just invoked a TEL URI. If you didn't click a TEL link or tried to dial a number it is likely to be an attack. To check out the URI just select TelStop.

Back