College student needs value-for-money laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter transez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 7,385
heh. you are probably talking about netbooks. they are not really worth it as a primary machine.

I guess it will useful for a nomal usage - internet, music, videos, documents.... right...:D

it would totally depend upon the user if he can make do with a netbook as his primary machine. netbooks are generally bought for kids or as a second computer for infrequent usage.

Acer Aspire 4530 AMD Turion 1.9, 1 GB, 160 GB just for 29k
+1 for this one. its the best one you can get for under 30k. me too will be picking this up soon for my sis.

Acer is available even for the price below 20K :whistle:

REally? I don;t want one of those 10" netbooks ... wat kind of features?

most probably it is the netbooks. even if you find a notebook for 20k, dont go for it since the config would be crap.

Well, just dial Dell customer care and see if they can arrange a laptop for you for 30k..I guess u can get hold of a Vostro for around 32k.Specs are quite good for a budget laptop.Inspirons starts from 35k but they are worth every penny.I'm using Dell inspiron 1525.I would always go for Dell due to the excellent on site warranty and awesome technical support.Compaq's are also good, they are comparatively cheaper than it's counterparts.If you buy a Inspiron without Os then u can manage it for under 35k i guess.Anyways give the dell customer care a call.

Compaq had an offer last month which was under 30k and it had a good config, check it out if its still available or not. I think they were giving out a free printer/scanner with the laptop.

Sorry for bringing this back up... Can we get Inspiron 1525 without the Vista OS ? ... They have really good config at 39k customized (C2D 2ghz, 250GB, 3GB ram). Including vista premium. If they had given us the option of DOS system, It would have been lot cheaper.

nope. Dell cannot and would not sell their popular range without an OS. and even if they were to offer it without Vista, the price won't go down much. OEM copies of vista are much cheaper compared to retail price of vista.

Back