• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 29,195
Status
Not open for further replies.

inderpal

ISP
Reliance
Hi All, I have got my Reliance BroadNet connection today. They haven't provide me any modem or such. Just I have to connect the cable to my laptop and login to reliance website using my username/password and I am able to access the internet. I tried to configure my D-Link Wireless router and after configuration, reliance website is coming up but when I enter my username/password, getting an "Authentication Failed" error (this problem coming only when I use my wireless connection otherwise if I connect cable to my laptop directly, I am able to login successfully). Does anybody faced this kind of situation and how to resolve it. I would appreciate any help in this regard. Regards,Inderpal Singh

I just had a chat with Customer Care and he said because its a single login account, I wont be able to use the wireless router. Is that so?

Hi Inder,

Ofcourse you can configure your reliance Broadnet with a Wireless router but you have to change the settings of the router and you should know the setting Codes, sometimes if you are using reliance Broadnet for a long time in one go, say more then 2 hours, it will automatically change your IP address so you need to buy one static IP from reliance for this they will charge you another 500 I guess...

Thanks
Rajneesh
[email protected]

Hi Rajneesh,I have successfully configured my D-Link wireless router with Reliance BroadNet connection. The next problem which I am facing is, net connection is damn slow through wireless. Page loading takes hell lot of time and its so much frustrating. If I connect cable directly, NET speed is so good. I am not sure if I missed any configuration setting in my wireless router as there is nothing as such which needs to be configured.Regards,Inderpal Singh

Hi Inder, If you are getting authentication failed while connecting through Wifi. Probably you account is still in "Logged In" status.Connect back through the Ethernet and go to the Reliance Login Page and Click "Log Out".After that try logging in through your Wifi. :)

Hi Inder, its good that you already configured the connection with wireless router and you are right there are sometimes when reliance (and any other ISP) is slow with wireless router, for this you should disable and enable the network connection by clicking the icon in the teskbar but don't forget to open the "Network Connections" in "control panel", I don't know what package you are using with reliance but I would like to share some FAULTS and BUGS in reliance Broadnet, due to some reasons I cant tell you everything here in this forum but if you would like to know more then you can contact me with the email I gave you in my previous post, you can not trust this reliance broadnet if you are doing some important work over the net due to NON SECURE connection and other BUGS in the line... anyways let me know if you have some problems regarding network connection in your computer, I would be glad to help you ThanksRajneesh Sharma

Hi Rajneesh,

I have successfully configured my D-Link wireless router with Reliance BroadNet connection.

The next problem which I am facing is, net connection is damn slow through wireless. Page loading takes hell lot of time and its so much frustrating.

If I connect cable directly, NET speed is so good. I am not sure if I missed any configuration setting in my wireless router as there is nothing as such which needs to be configured.

Regards,
Inderpal Singh
please tell me the Reliance Broadnet modem router settings ?

Hi Inder,

If you are getting authentication failed while connecting through Wifi. Probably you account is still in "Logged In" status.
Connect back through the Ethernet and go to the Reliance Login Page and Click "Log Out".
After that try logging in through your Wifi. :)

i m tottaly agree with this...

this always happens bcoz if 1 account is in processthen they couldnt log u in with same info....

but after 2 hr..thats the deafult lease of ip....is over u can use that details if u forget ot log offf..

Hi Inderpal, I am facing the same problem you were facing. Could you tell me what you did to make it work? I have tried a lot but still unsuccessful. I am using a DI-524 D-Link wireless router. Regards, Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back