Configuring Broadband In Linux

• Thread starter Thread starter sunbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,303

sunbee

ISP
BSNL
Hi, My name is Sunil.. I m facing problem in connecting BSNL net in my LINUX(CENTOS 5). I have setup an dual boot for my system with WINDOWS XP PRO..where LINUX is the primary OS while booting. I have configured my modem (Huwai) in bridge mode..so that i can use that as manual connection using PPPOE..coz i have got 2 username. In windows it working fine for manual connection. But i tried configuring in LINUX..but its not working in manual mode, but working fine in Router mode. So please anyone can tell me how to configure it properly..:( coz i am Novice user in LINUX. But good at windows platform.:) Regards,sunil

BSNL DataOne: Configuring Adsl Connection On Linux
Use the ablove for CentOS as it is based on Fedora.
Thank you very much for that info...actually i did myself after sitting in front of the comp and trying it many times...:)

Actually when it is in Bridge mode...its not taking the IP from the DHCP server...i had to give static IP for that to work. Anyways i am going to Install FEDORA 9 version again...:)

Thanks,
Sunil

Best of Luck Sunil and i too will install Fedora 9 this weekend on my old box.Rahim

Back