Confused about wifi router

• Thread starter Thread starter Pooja23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,456
Go for TP-Link TL-WR740N best with in the budget (

From your post you have an ADSL modem ONLY & you need wifi router. You have not mentioned whether the modem you have is1) Rented from MTNL. If yes go to (a)2) Self owned or (If yes then go to (b )
a) Then you can ask then to give you modem cum wifi combo unit. There is an one time installation charge & a monthly rent. You can see the charges here.b ) Here you can opt only for a wifi router which will work in conjunction with you existing unit OR you can go in for a combo unit like TP-Link TD-W8968 (Just ensure that its firmware is ver 2)

I have got this for my cousin and it's performance is good given the price 800 at that time. Regarding Ddwrt I haven't flashed it yet but have read good reviews that it works well. Just mentioned it as a extra benefit given price vs features consideration. He is quite happy with it since he keeps it on 24x7 and working really well.

rj27 said:
I have got this for my cousin and it's performance is good given the price 800 at that time. Regarding Ddwrt I haven't flashed it yet but have read good reviews that it works well. Just mentioned it as a extra benefit given price vs features consideration.He is quite happy with it since he keeps it on 24x7 and working really well.
Most of the things worked on DD-WRT for TP-Link TL-WR740N except I was unable to connect on PPPoE.

Back