connecting cable TV to STB

HiThanks for the reply. your response is really meaningful and has shed a new light. as per you, if i connect the cable TV wire then it will simply pass it to the TV. can i scroll the cable channels with the STB remote? pls check it once, if the STb remote can't command over the channel then there is no use in using the STB. Thanks again. if you connect cable Tv wire and also your DTH then how do you select the source, if you choose cable TV then how do u scroll the channel. because there is an option for antennae input where terrestial antennae in general gets more than a channel, in that case there should be a way to get them where are you put up, if in tamilnadu pls give your contact no, I keep the plan of buying TV in mind, even if i buy a TV i will migrate to FTA DTH since most of the private channels are available in FTA DTH. Thanks allI not only use the STB as tuner/remote feature but in future i might include DTH and is likely to happen, that's why I'm clubbing. lets see....

Hi i have a problem i got cable TV and a satilite receiver and i wan to connet them on to the TV ?

hi swaminathan, i have a old dd dth stb(startrek) which i bought, it has st in point and video/audi out point. i get the display but it shows no signal when connected to the dish od dd dth, dishtv and even Tata Sky,what is the problem. it doesnt show transponder, but it searches it after input of frequencies with no signal sign.do i need to ugrade software where i dont have rs 232 port. but when i opened the stb it had 4 pin open. can i use it a an usb. plz suggest. i have 60 cms dish,universal lnb and this old stb

[/quote]

There is no Tuner in STB for LHF,VHF,UHF frequency tuning. The Antenna input is there only to facilitate couch pototos from the need to change RF cables. Watch DTH thro' AV channel and go back to TV tuner for cable viewing. If you have old VCR connect it. That will have tuner.

can i attach tuner to my stb for viewing channels. can u send me picture of the inside stuff of beetel stb.

In the back of Beetel STB model SD98, there is a RF In jack meant for Antennae IN, its for roof top terrestial yagi antennae. can't we substitute it for regular cable. anyway the STB is going to scroll the channels and not the TV. so we can use STB remote to scroll the channels. Look at the following picture. I have taken this from the SD-98 manual.

see in the set top box i have lnb input point called satellite in :for out it has video/audio point for a/v. it shows dislpay.while auto searching with freq. 9750 or any freq. it does not display any channel. it is old stb of dd dth.why does stb require tuner,my tv has one.if it requires tuner can insert one in it. plz suggest.

In the back of Beetel STB model SD98, there is a RF In jack meant for Antennae IN, its for roof top terrestial yagi antennae. can't we substitute it for regular cable. anyway the STB is going to scroll the channels and not the TV. so we can use STB remote to scroll the channels. Look at the following picture. I have taken this from the SD-98 manual.

The main concept of RF/Antenna In in STB is, you can watch Cable TV channels and Stellite Channels simultaniously. That is, no need to unplug the cable wire from ur TV and insert STB RF Out to your TV.

Back