Connecting through WAN miniport PPoE ...

• Thread starter Thread starter urpradhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,293

urpradhan

Regulars
ISP
BSNL-Home 500C
Hi Friends

Today I came up with my FIRST EVER problem with BSNL broadband :(
For the past 2 days I'm getting the error in Windows while I try to dial like "Connecting through WAN miniport PPoE" with error no: 678
Then I tried with my LinuxMint still unable to connect :( Though it passes all the "Diagnostic" tests.
I saw the router log and and saw there are repeated number of lines saying ...
Critical: eth0: Link Up
Critical: eth0: Link Down

Means there is something wrong here.

Can anyone suggest me what could be the problem ?

Mean time I ve lodged a complain @ 1500 but seems they will respond to me after 48+ hrs :(

My Router: UTSTARCOM UT300R2U

Called up my Exchange and they said there is some problem from top (Uppar se problem hai :) ) Any Pune user has any issue for connectivity from 2 days ?

Yeah, Im also having the same problem, yesterday nite my broadband got disconnested suddenly n its not getting connected..Im also havin the same error code...678- Remote Computer did not respond...Neone plzz. help I cant live without the internet!!!:(

Bsnl's server down. I get this error whenever bsnl server is down. But since its almost 2 days, it may be a major issue i think.

Last Update @ 3:20 PM
----------------------------
No BSNL broadband in whole Pune for past 2 days. They have major fault and the team is working. The officials are not able to give any probable time for solution.:hysterical:

There was something wrong with the main gateway , even in far Ranchi BSNL broadband was not available since Saturday night, Now it is working perfectly from 11.30 am Monday(July 14, 2008).Thanks

Occasionally i get this error 678 thing but it doesnt stay for long. Hope your problem gets fixed soon.

Connection restored.But slow DL speed as compared to UL speed :wall: So only increasing share ratio :thumbsup:

Back