Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) ...... & then nothing happens

ISP
BSNL Broadband Home 500 C+
My broadband connection was set-up a week ago and it was working fine until two days ago, when i had a bad shutdown and after that, whenever i try to connect to internet it could not get past :- Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE) ..... & then a message pops up saying :- Error 678: The remote computer did not respond....I havent tried to rectify the problem since my networking knowledge is Nil ........... So should i call the bsnl guys or is there an easy way to solve the problem ....... Thanks.P.S - I am using a Siemens C2110 Modem

I am also having same problem for last two days. Can anybody tell me the telephone number of BSNL broadband helpline. From my telephone I am not able to dial 1800 424 1600.

@sdsguptain
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Apart for 1800 424 1600,
I think another number is 12768 or 12678 ( sorry. forgot).Try during working hours.
They will test your connection , and if still problem, give feedback here.
Para two: Usually a computer will have an internal dialup modem, and it is better to have a dialup connection "NETONE" for emergency use, and to confirm computer is working . Then fault finding is restricted to the boadband modem/ network settings.

@prateek_hemrom/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
when I had a bad shut down
Hope the computer is OK. Can you try a System Restore ?
There is no easy way, and I don't want to ask too many questions !
Start Run type cmd type ipconfig/all. Please give feedback.

that happend to me in february. my internet was down for 3 days.i was getting same error, but my modem was showing everything ok, even dsl stream 2048/512 was present. adsl light was steady glowing, line attenuation and snr was good. so i thaught, problem was with my computer, i checked everything, even installed fresh windows, reseted modem to factory setting and reconfigured, used windows pppoe and rsappoe alternativly, but all things were in wain. then i tried to book complaine at no 12678 (BB Helpline), but there he refused to book complain and informed there was a cable cut and the work was in progress, can be restored in two days. and many complains are already registered with different users. then finally after 3 days. my connection was restored.....

This usually happens due to problem in telefon line,I hope everything is connected properly and there is no disturbance in your telefon connection :P

Error 678 in winxp and error 851 in Vista are the same errors, mainly caused due to LAN card driver compatibility issue mostly.Try connecting through USB if you have an option, or you could just reinstall the LAN drivers and then try. The problem in some cases mainly occurs when the user enters incorrect username and pass and gets error 691, when you try again after correction you start getting 678 or 851. Restarting the modem is also highly recommended.:)

Problem Solved :) ........ I just reinstalled the O.S. & made a new connection and it's working now ............. Maybe some files screwed up when i had a bad shutdown......... Anyway, thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

Back