Connection time for BSNL in Tolichowki, Hyderabad

sandeep.iiit

ISP
None
Does anyone have any idea about how much time it usually takes to get a new BSNL broadband connection in Tolichowki, Hyderabad?I don't have any modem as of now and no landline connection also. I heard not having these things prolongs the connection time.

@ sandeep.iiit welcome to Broadbandforum.infirst apply for landline. once phone installed at your place, then apply for broadband connection(select your desired plan). getting broadband connection may take sometime depending on the availability of ports at exchange.don't buy crap modems from bsnl. buy a good adsl2+ modem from market.

@vissu, they charge land line rental if you wish to go for any rent less plan-s later.

I have applied infact for Broadband 900UL plan. They asked my landline number, and i said i dont have one [I just wanted to tell them that i am not interested in phone but only on internet]. So he told me he will book landline and broadband with that plan ! (now 750UL) ! And i got the phone installed next day and a week later broadband.

These two happened in December and january first week. When they gave my first month bill (December without broadband), i got a bill of 3 (3 local call) (6 days)! They havent charged any since i was on a Rentless plan !

So it is always better to apply for phone and broadband together to speed up the broadband installation process (as i felt) !

Then , modem/routers from BSNL are crap ? I have WA3002G4 router in which i can do everything as any normal modem/router does ! I never felt any issue neither with wireless nor with LAN !

Previously i used D-Link 2-3 models, Linksys 4-5 models, and Netgear 2 models. In netgear and Dlink my wireless were getting disconnected often (say, sometimes while using microwave oven and for unknown reasons)! Later i had to settle down to Linksys (dont remember the model) !

As far as i am concerned , this modem/router works perfect :P (dont know about snr margins and stuffs. Never compared with other models) !

Thanks a lot for the replies. 1. I actually want to install a wireless router. I guess I still need a modem, right? (I am new to these things).2. I am planning to take the 1350UL plus plan which promises 512kbps. What is the actual speed that I could expect from them?3. I hope the router provided by BSNL allows secured wireless using WPA?

you can buy Linksys wireless router cum modem. check this

Linksys.com – Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Gateways: Broadband Routers with Modems

for UL1350+ you will get 512 kbps(64 kB/s) download speed and upload speed is half of the download speed i think.

take sulabh120 plan sandeep. until getting broadband, you will be charged @ Rs.4/Day. no rent will be charged after broadband activation

they charge land line rental if you wish to go for any rent less plan-s later.
@ appus they charge rent in pro-rata basis until broadband is provided. i have been charged 4 days rent in my first bill(i too used ul900+) :P

sorry for misusing the thread :|

@Vissu, they have not charged for my 6 days rental ! first month bill was only 3 (since i applied for no-rental plan ) ! otherwise i should have been charged like you ;)

to avoid further confusion.. first bill before broadband installed !
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6608/bsnlzc8.jpg

sorry just got checked my old bills... i got my first bill @ Rs.4 just for one day rent(for 31 aug 07):hysterical: and got my bb on 4 sept 07. so they charged me 3 days rent i.e rupees 12+900+s.t:thumbsup:

So, basically I will be charged 1350 + taxes and no other rent(phone ,etc) no matter if I get both connections together or separately, right?@vissuFor sulabh 120, I would anyway need to have landline. So isn't it better to get both connections together?

phone is compulsory for broadband. there will be no seperate connection for bb. you have it on same phone you get. line is splitted to dsl and phone streams @ exchange. you can browse net and talk on phone at the same time. this can be done by using splitter(if built in splitter is not there in modem)Note: sulabh120 is nothing other than only incoming facility

I planning to take BSNL UL 750 Plan. Could you guys please advise me which modem is best for WiFi, Type II or Type IV ?Please advise me about the type of modem from BSNL since I will take it on rent, and will use it mostly for downloading torrent, playing Online Games, so low ping is also required.Which modem they supply with Type II and IV, and goes better with the requirements I specified ?Please I need a quick reply since tomorrow I am going to BSNL's Office to apply for it. :)

Back