Connection time for BSNL in Tolichowki, Hyderabad

@vissu, image updated on my previous post ! I suggest him again for applying together to avoid daily rental !

@arnold991

Initially Type III was having 4 ports with no wifi. Previous Type IV has 4 ports with wifi !

Now they have replaced Type III to Type I and Type IV to Type II !

So Type II modem/router will have 4 ports with wi-fi (just cross check the forum.. put a tick towards wifi with 4 ports LAN) !

If you take on Rent, 90RS every month (for wifi), and if you want to purchase later, they reduce 50% of the rent in actual cost ! (1800- (whatever rent paid for modem/2)) !!

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. still says Type I to IV exists .. So go for the last one ! (wifi with 4 ports ) !

@sandeep.iiit

Just go and say i need a broadband connection ! when they ask for telephone number, say you dont have one ! Let them realize phone is not important, internet is important ! so they may give your connection faster ! (happened to me.. maynot happen always :P)

thx a lot for appus for reply, one more thing, Will there be any problem in downloading torrent files if I get the 4Lan and 1Wifi Router-Modem (Type II acc. to you) from BSNL ?I mean port forwarding problem, open connection to ping Online game servers.

Mine is WA3002G4 which is having all options including port forwarding/dmz/DDNS (dynamic DNS) ! So, if you get this kind of router, you wont be having issues at all !!!!!

Mine is WA3002G4 which is having all options including port forwarding/dmz/DDNS (dynamic DNS) ! So, if you get this kind of router, you wont be having issues at all !!!!!

Thx dude..could you please tell me how much ping do you get when you ping google from your bsnl bb connection ?

And is there any Type II or IV modem which I will have to avoid taking from BSNL which doesn't allow proper torrent download and an open connection ? :confused:

Hmm.. Pinging.. i am using opendns.. and i get Pinging google.navigation.opendns.com [208.67.219.231]Reply from 208.67.219.231: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=51Reply from 208.67.219.231: bytes=32 time=260ms TTL=51Reply from 208.67.219.231: bytes=32 time=266ms TTL=51Reply from 208.67.219.231: bytes=32 time=296ms TTL=51May be because of OpenDNS ! Now dont tell me to check after changing to BSNL DNS (i dont want to restart my router as some direct download is happening)and you can always ask bsnl people when they come to install the modem about it ! If you are not OK, tell them you dont need that ! (you can see in forums many say with different routers) ! Just go thru forum !!eg: few beetel, ut200r... (am not sure) !!

thx appus bro for help..and no need for restarting pc...hehe :P

Back