• Thread starter Thread starter Kiyon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,503

Kiyon

ISP
BSNL
Hello,
From past few days I am facing this issue of connecting to BSNL broad band in Bangalore. My connection randomly works well and immediately if I restart my router I am unable to connect. When I run the test, when it fails to connect I see this result on UT-300R2U,

Testing Ethernet connection PASS
Testing ADSL Connection PASS
Testing ADSL line for sync PASS

Testing Circuit for Network Connection

Testing Ethernet connection to ATM PASS
Testing ATM OAM segment ping PASS
Testing ATM OAM end to end ping PASS
Testing PPPoE server connectivity PASS
Testing PPPoE server session FAILS
Rest everything below fails too

When this happens I have to call up the local exchange and he resets my User account then I am able to connect again till the time I restart my router.
It becomes a pain calling them again and you know how helpful BSNL customer care is . There are frequent power cuts here and I have to restart router now and then.

I am not sure whether this is a problem with router or with the server side issue. Today morning again it was out for a while and suddenly started working now without a reset...

Seems my PPPoE server session is not closing off when i restart the router so the next time it fails.. Please advice as i having a very bad time with this issue....

Thanks a lot in advance...

Seems no one is facing this issue other than me :O I am still having this problem and called up several times to rectify the problem... The guy at the exchange never seems to understand the problem.... Please help :huh:

1.See Statistics/ ADSL page.report SNR/ATTN Line speed and Mod mode selected.2.see this page and keep ONLY GDMT/glite/t413 and Bitswap enabled. If connection is lost add adsl2.i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg

Back