Converge VR+ Virtual Reality Headset

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 27,701
I have placed the order today as I was hearing VR looks great on QHD screens. Upon searching on eBay for a good quality (non cardboard ones) I stumbled upon this brand. They are located at Andheri, Mumbai.

Converge VR Most Immersive Virtual Reality 94° FOV Upgraded Your Cardboard VR | eBay

EcOzbd5.webp

3C951wi.webp

Will post a review once I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guys at Converge told me that they would be sending me the DevKit v3 of this headset for free in 2 - 3 weeks. :D

And this is not a final product but a prototype. They would be launching the final product somewhere in October.

With QHD itself pixel is seen.. wondering how will be the quality in 1080p display. Anyway I will try it myself with Note 3 :)

So VR apps are the one that is going to drive the high ppi game in the mobile market. Otherwise don't see need for more than HD in 6 inch devices

I have a M8. Use the 1+ cardboard, it could easily see them pixels. Could never see them before.
Then I made the screen black and put it inside again to check for dead pixels. Found a few.
Kuch toh fayida hua cardboard se.

In 1080p screen the pixels are quite obvious but still enjoyable. I think 4K screens in future mobiles will be the holy grail for VR content on cardboard type headsets.

Professional headsets like Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus, HTC Vive do not use mobiles as displays instead project high resolution images on the lens. They will connect to PC's or consoles for content.

I bough this headset. Better than my expectations.
But, Oculus Rift kind of VR is the future where we can get much higher density display projected to your eyes directly.

Even I was able to see the pentile matrix in Galaxy note 3 display. But even RGB would be visible at this magnification. High contrast of the note 3 display was very good . Liked the space VR app.

Most VR apps crash on the M8. This problem is faced by many M8 owners. Fml.

My ₹100 1+ VR Headset is lying unused after the honeymoon period....

I recently ditched my iPhone 6 Plus for Galaxy S6 for enjoying VR content. Reason being, S6 has the highest ppi of current gen mobile phones. (577 ppi vs. 401 ppi of iphone 6 plus) The difference was quite obvious and amazing. The visuals are very clear and eye popping. I hope Samsung launches the Gear VR for S6 as it is one of the best combination of phone and VR headset.

Pixellation is still visible, but is a lot less than iphone 6 plus.

@krish.poojary the slight pixelation is due to the pentile matrix used in amoled display. Will not be seen in normal rgb display like in LG G4 for example.

This converge vr+ headset is amazing. I have enjoyed watching vr and 3d videos on YouTube using this. Totally worth the price IMHO...

Last edited:

Back