Credit Card First Timer | Need Guidance

@Sushubh yup two main reason,
1. I may apply for a joint home loan next year with my mother. So need to get her a good CIBIL score to be eligible for a higher loan amount.
2. Need another good CC to reap benefits. I applied for Axis Ace CC as it had good cashbacks on Zomato & Swiggy (before devaluation).

@Smh yup thinking to try again at the bank with her salary account. Need to think about SBI CC though. The branch agents leak the data for scammers/spammers ?

@Jonas well don't want to get the CC against FD as it blocks the FD amount for some days.

@vishalrao on Axis web we cannot select Ace CC. It's exclusive to Google Pay. Since my mother is working women, her office timings overlap with the bank timings. She have to take a day off just to go to the bank. So want to avoid bank visits😅

I don't usually recommend BNPL schemes. However, buying items worth less than Rs.500 per month for just 6 months via Amazon Pay Later helped a homemaker to build CIBIL over 750. From there, it is easy to get unsecured credit card (for a working person).

Getting Canara Bank CC is the easiest option as it provides pre-approved CC offer (only) for salaried people.

Any credit card can be closed at any time within 7 working days of informing the bank that should provide multiple channels for closure. There are strict rules around CC closures. So, no harm in getting Canara Bank CC as the first unsecured CC.

Back