• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,740

sankalpit

TataSky दुख-
ISP
BSNL Dataone
I have been having this issue since last 18 hours or so. Extremely high latency, most connections time out. Have to make three/four refresh to load websites. Some websites aren't loading at all.

Yes, of course, I am using openDNS so BSNL's DNS servers are not the issue here. SNR and Attenuation figures are as before (when connection was working normally), so that means things are fine at my end. Browser is Firefox 3.5.1 and I have not installed any software or program in last few days, so no issue of virus or malware.

Is anyone else in Rajasthan also having same issue? Should I just wait for a few days before BSNL "engineers" notice a problem and fix the issue? Has anyone read anything about undersea cable getting cut or damaged?

i assume it's a server issue and i had to face a similar issue. my connections would last from 10 minutes to 2hours. this went on for a week and in that time i had checked and rewired every telephone wire in the house. just 2 days ago, the whole neighbourhood phones went dead for one whole day and when it came back the other morning, everything went back to normal.i would say if you haven't messed with the telephone wires for a while and you still loose sync or get slow speeds then it's probably a server issue.

heck ya, same slowness i noticed since yesterday... only torrents going at full speed, regular http downloads seem slow...

Just now most sites are working okay, only 10% of websites are slow. I didn't change anything so definitely a problem at BSNL's end, and now they seem to be fixing it. Good. Earlier this type of problem would take five days to resolve so this is an improvement by the low saraki standards.

im facing disconnection issues at times.. since like 2 days.. SNR everything is fine.. even the DSL LED doesnt go off.. hoping its a temporary issue.. although the disconnection is not that bad , it would come back in around 10 seconds..

Back