DataOne

• Thread starter Thread starter quadramble
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,768
Originally posted by antigravity@Feb 23 2005, 11:32 PM
hi guys,
having a flabbergasting experience with BSNL dataone broadband,i am not getting enuf speed ,even slower than my dial up.Called up the bsnl officials,they don't know anything,
i am running xp after having downloading the requisite software from the calcutta telephone's site.guys any suggestion.
Please help me,its very exasperating
[snapback]6203[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had the same probem at the beggining.

the problem was with the wiring..... the telephone instruments (and any other parallel voice lines) should be connected only after the splitter.

the problem was with the wiring..... the telephone instruments (and any other parallel voice lines) should be connected only after the splitter.
[snapback]6226[/snapback]

so what shud i do, i have got the wiring correct,shud i disconnect and then again connect those ones.the guyz who installed they knew nothing and they were asking me to connect those ones.

regarding the software,its PPPOE098.exe which i got from the calcuttatelephoes site,its not necessary in xp,u can get it by connection wizard also.

Originally posted by quadramble@Feb 24 2005, 09:16 PM

[snapback]6226[/snapback]

so what shud i do, i have got the wiring correct,shud i disconnect and then again connect those ones.the guyz who installed they knew nothing and they were asking me to connect those ones.

regarding the software,its PPPOE098.exe which i got from the calcuttatelephoes site,its not necessary in xp,u can get it by connection wizard also.
[snapback]6233[/snapback]
[/quote]

its simple. instruct the line man to do the wiring like this.

1. The main cable (and the first entry into your premises) should be connected to the splitter input.

2. The modem should be connected from one output of the splitter marked "ADSL"

3. All other telephone instrument, parallel lines, EPABX should be connected thru the other output of the splitter marked "PHONE".

Originally posted by quadramble@Mar 2 2005, 06:54 AM
its simple. instruct the line man to do the wiring like this.

1. The main cable (and the first entry into your premises) should be connected to the splitter input.

2. The modem should be connected from one output of the splitter marked "ADSL"

3. All other telephone instrument, parallel lines, EPABX should be connected thru the other output of the splitter marked "PHONE".
[snapback]6309[/snapback]
[/quote]

One question, When is BSNL Launching the Broadband connection for Chandigarh Home Users?

Originally posted by adymate@Mar 10 2005, 11:30 AM
One question, When is BSNL Launching the Broadband connection for Chandigarh Home Users?
[snapback]6486[/snapback]
[/quote]

Call 24 hours helpline number: 1600 424 1600 and ask them

Tried to do that, first of all, no one picks up phone, secondly, when someone answers call, they dont know when launching services in chandigarh. sigh!any suggestions ?

this happens to me for whatever reason i call them! yesterday i lost my p@$$word and called them for a p@$$word reset. They asked me to call a different "customer service no. (+91 4428292445). Annoyed by the redirection, i asked them whether "16004241600" was not handling customer queries. The geek at the other end replied "This is customer care" and the other number was 'customer service"!

I still had the patience to call the second number and after a couple of retries, the dude at the other end gave me the mobile number of some AE. The AE had a bsnl WLL mobile - the hardest to reach mobile on the planet. He was in some hospital and had no clue on what i was asking and i finally retreated.

Today, i finally managed to get my local AE's mobile number and he solved the issue from his terminal. I just suggest you the same solution.

Back