Delay in Installation

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahijosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,844
ISP
I moved to banglore on promotion and wanted to take new act connection since act never shows interest in relocation as they are very much interested in giving new connection.
When I enquired.. they made calls every 10 mins till I make payment and assured me that next day it will be installed. Now I’m making calls every two hours and they don’t even care to attend calls. Forget about giving any update on installation. I did a mistake to contact act again🙄

I am in the same boat. Paid and then no update.

Even nodal office cannot help just replying to keep waiting.

After multiple follow ups told them to cancel it. They have replied to email to keep waiting but now a ticket has been created with subject "Refund-Delayed connection"

From my previous experience i know Act will not refund easily if at all. If the ticket really means they have started refund I can book connection from Airtel.

It seems they have initiated refund which will take 48 hrs for issuance and 7-8 days to hit bank. I hope they do issue the refund without much trouble.

I am giving another try with a different number. Found a sticker ad of act, now I will pay only after meeting this person. No more online sale agents now. They are of no help no local contacts.

Alternative is airtel but it will be a wiring mess and one extra device that requires ups backup. With ACT I can use my router and have better control over all features.

Now I am thinking if I should go for 6+1 or only 1 month plan to test installation.

@Smh Regarding Airtel, wouldn't they be able to pull the cable the same way Act does? I think if you pay them a bit extra, they might pull the cable through the concealed conduit.

In case of Airtel, the power backup needs to be provided to the ONT something which you can control. But Act would be putting their fiber termination + switch somewhere else and the backup for that is outside of your control.

Last edited:
Fiber doesn't bend well and no isp guys are interested in doing any proper work. They just want to do jugaad. Company policy is to do open wiring.

Airtel provides connection through windows which cannot be closed then. Last option is that I can ask them to pull through the gap made for kitchen chimney.

But then I need to power ont - my main router - repeater if any. And the ont cannot be installed near any existing lan junction in house, it will be too far and I would prefer to avoid open wires all over the place.

Act switch has power issues at some places

I don't want to use ACT but aghh alternative is equally bad.

Paid the local sales guy Rs 620 for 1 month only. Explained the current issue of pending refund.

Hoping installation will be done by EOD. He said it will be after 4pm. Let's see.

Never opt for online only sales they operate remotely and are completely useless. You will have better hope with local person and pay 1 month to test if possible.

Connection is installed but not in the room I wanted. Technician said some issue with internal LAN it's not connected.

So anyway I will explore some solution later.

He fixed the previous poor termination properly this time.

And when he was here the other installation guy called for my previous which is already in process of refund as per support. No one knows why my previous request is not showing in their app but it's in their excel sheet.

Edit: interesting development TL of this area called and asking me to get not get refund instead get this amount transferred to another account.

This is a clown show I don't what the f is happening. I specifically asked their support if they have cancelled my previous request before placing new connection request.

I just want the connection without delay now and fighting for refund could be another task I don't want to deal with that.

Hyderabad.

They have activated the old request of 6+1 and Rs 620 I paid for another account will be transferred to this account and adjusted in future bills. Atleast that's what they have said.

Let's see how it goes. One thing I am afraid is they will activate both accounts and billing will start for both. Hope that doesn't happen now.

I have TL's number and this technician guy to resolve this directly.

edit:

Now both accounts are activated I have a feeling I got scammed, hope I am wrong. or I will have to fight for deactivating this and lose some days. I know funds transfer is possible by backend thats why I agreed.

Last edited:
Its been a week guys still waiting for the second extra account to be deactivated and its funds transferred. Very frustrating to do unnecessary followups.

I will wait till today or tomorrow before emailing support directly now.

Back