• Thread starter Thread starter yessgee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,637

yessgee

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 750 UL
I have two DTH connections at home SD & BIG. Both the DTH services do not have the complete list of Telugu channels.

The following telugu channels are not available on SD and BIG. My people at home want these channels especially the devotional ones. SD was having Bhakthi TV which they have recently removed.

Fortunately all these channels are available FTA from one satellite position at 83 degrees east: INSAT 2E/3B/4A. (Check at: http://www.lyngsat.com/in83.html). But I do not know how long these channels will be FTA and stick to the same satellite.

Channels not available on SD:
BHAKTHI
SVBC (TTD)
VANITHA
SITARA
SAMSKRUTHI

Channels not available on BIG:
BHAKTHI
SVBC (TTD)
VANITHA
SITARA
SAMSKRUTHI
NTV
TV5

I am proposing to go in for a C-Band Dish and associated hardware (LNB, Feed & Receiver) for receiving the above channels. My local Dish Shop wala told me that it will cost me about Rs. 3600.00 with a 6 feet solid dish. As can be seen at the lyngsat site, some channels are in Vertical Polarisation and some in Horizontal. I am planning to go for a Dual LNB to take care of this. With this hopefully I will be able to receive the entire bouquet of telugu channels!

Anybody has any suggestions on my proposal especially on selection of hardware?

BHAKTHI tv , NTV is avaiable on airtel digital tv.

For getting 2 channels he need to opt for Airtel????Best option is that buy a C band dish as u mention and enjoy the free channels.:thumb::dance:

Back