• Thread starter Thread starter yessgee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 6,423

yessgee

Regulars
ISP
BSNL Home 750 UL
I have two DTH connections at home SD & BIG. Both the DTH services do not have the complete list of Telugu channels.

The following telugu channels are not available on SD and BIG. My people at home want these channels especially the devotional ones. SD was having Bhakthi TV which they have recently removed.

Fortunately all these channels are available FTA from one satellite position at 83 degrees east: INSAT 2E/3B/4A. (Check at: http://www.lyngsat.com/in83.html). But I do not know how long these channels will be FTA and stick to the same satellite.

Channels not available on SD:
BHAKTHI
SVBC (TTD)
VANITHA
SITARA
SAMSKRUTHI

Channels not available on BIG:
BHAKTHI
SVBC (TTD)
VANITHA
SITARA
SAMSKRUTHI
NTV
TV5

I am proposing to go in for a C-Band Dish and associated hardware (LNB, Feed & Receiver) for receiving the above channels. My local Dish Shop wala told me that it will cost me about Rs. 3600.00 with a 6 feet solid dish. As can be seen at the lyngsat site, some channels are in Vertical Polarisation and some in Horizontal. I am planning to go for a Dual LNB to take care of this. With this hopefully I will be able to receive the entire bouquet of telugu channels!

Anybody has any suggestions on my proposal especially on selection of hardware?

superb but how to install it ?i think i needs a help of a professional!

Your idea is good. I am already doing this. If you decide to use single stb for other channels from 83E then you can add more lnbs to receive many more satellites. Dual lnb for what? Going to use two stbs at a time?

Dual LNB?I guess 1 C-band LNB can receive both horizontal & vertical polarisation (I may be wrong).Also as Mr. Dhoni suggested, you can align more LNB's to receive more satellites like Asiasat 3S, Thaicom, etc, so you can watch many FTA channels available.

Your idea is good. I am already doing this. If you decide to use single stb for other channels from 83E then you can add more lnbs to receive many more satellites.

Dual lnb for what? Going to use two stbs at a time?
Dual LNB only to receive Hor. & Ver. Polarised signals.

Dual LNB?
I guess 1 C-band LNB can receive both horizontal & vertical polarisation (I may be wrong).
Also as Mr. Dhoni suggested, you can align more LNB's to receive more satellites like Asiasat 3S, Thaicom, etc, so you can watch many FTA channels available.
Thank you DHONI & SVK for your suggestions. Can you suggest me some good branded hardware for reception?

I think Beetel should do fine... You can add additional LNBs if you want to get other satellites too... Also you can get suggestions from experts at dishtracking.com forums.

Dual LNB only to receive Hor. & Ver. Polarised signals.

Thank you DHONI & SVK for your suggestions. Can you suggest me some good branded hardware for reception?

Are you going to use only one STB or two? For one stb LNBF is enough and it will receive H & V. It will cost you around Rs.125 (Chennai price). As said by Blu, Beetal is good. Any Chinese receivers will also work good but they don't have any warntees like Beetal.

Are you going to use only one STB or two? For one stb LNBF is enough and it will receive H & V. It will cost you around Rs.125 (Chennai price). As said by Blu, Beetal is good. Any Chinese receivers will also work good but they don't have any warntees like Beetal.
I plan to use a single LNB. I now understand that one LNBF will be sufficient for both H & V. Thanks @Dhoni.
Thank you @Blu for the info. I'll go for Beetel. Any idea where Beetel STBs are generally available?

Beetel is the most common brand at most shops, so you shouldn't have much trouble procuring one.

Beetel is the most common brand at most shops, so you shouldn't have much trouble procuring one.
First of all, Thanks!

I had gone to the Electronics/DTH market last Saturday here in Hyderabad, but at most places I have seen Chinese STBs of unheard-of brands. The price quoted varied from around Rs. 750/- to Rs. 900/-. I asked them for better quality STBs. They told me that the ones they have shown me are the best.

I visited Beetel STB site @ Bharti Teletech Limited- A Bharti Enterprise but could not locate any dealer list. Two models are listed on the site SD-94 & SD-92. Are there more models and which one is the best?

Back