disconnection problem

SNR is poor need at least 10 db higher the better
Attn high now 40 db poor lesser the better say 10 to 20 db.
check your connections. use short cables.
Connect ALL phone after ADSL splitter.
Ask BSNL to check for corroded contacts/ connections .
How long you are having the telephone line in use ?

software upgrade link. AT YOUR OWN RISK
Welcome to SEMINDIA, Semiconductors - Made in India

SNR is really low as pointed out above.. keep software upgrade your last option and do try the other suggestion

ok.. line man came today n checked... evrythin is fine he says... so mostly mode, is screwed i guess.. wat say?

but did you make sure that all telephones are connected after splitter?? try this out ( for testing ) , disconnect all telephones , and restart modem and then post your SNR

al the telephones(only 1) are connected after splitter.. the snr remained the same before and after disconnecting the telephone... but it fluctuates mostly only in the evenings... goes down to 5 db... here is the page.. right now its 23.. but i think attenuation s pretty high...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8270/snr2.jpg

How do you connect Dialer Mode or " always On '" If your browser is IE go to tools advanced connections select Never dial a connection.2. use OpenDNs 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 both in modem ( menu DNS) and in TCP/IP ( network settings ) page.Ignore if done already.

if it keeps fluctuating constantly and if this has been happening for quite a while , then i suggest you try getting your line replaced.. do you face any disturbance in your telephone line?

yesterday i called the customer care coz connection error was comming so he told me to go to http://192.168.1.1/
and in that advance settings and edit the first option and change it to bridging and save the setting so i did the folling thing and i was able to connect but still i am facing the problem of disconnection the dsl light goes off every now and then whats the problem man please help me out
its really very frustrating

Hello guyz:cool2:,I found s cause of d problem n solved it:yahoo:.. a real freak thing.. i jus followed my tele line cable to d telephone pole outside and found dat d cable was coolly sitting on the electric power transmission cables. So obviously since the voltage differs between a telephone cable and the power cable, there was some sort of fluctuation caused due to the magnetic field caused by the power cable(yes, i've studied bout it).. so v changed the positioning of the line cable and voila! problem solved!But d bottomline is, and frequent disconnections of d modem is mainly caused by some problem in d line.. So guyz plz check ur line first, dats wat i've learnt d hard way.. so problem solved!Thx for al d suggestions frenz, realy appreciate it!cheers..!:thumb:

Back